1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is a Boxer's Stomach?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Snook Slayer, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snook Slayer

Snook Slayer Boxer Pal

Hi Everyone,

I have searched this forum and the internet and can't for the life of me find the answer to this question - where is a boxers stomach?

I have a tall, 75 lb fawn male from a reputable breeder (actually on of the top breeders in the county) and he is stunning! He is now 19 months old and eats like a horse. His chest is most of his mid section and it ends like 4 inches from his male organ :). When he eats there is no physical sign of a stomach. I have a SharPei and when he eats you can feel his full belly just before his male organ, the boxer is skinny as always. I feed him about a cup for breakfast then 3 cups of food for dinner and he would eat the whole bag if I let him.

So where is their belly, inside their rib cage? Or am I not feeding him enough? He is in tip-top condition, shinny coat, very athletic looking with just slightly visible ribs.

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Their stomach is right where you would expect it to be. I can't say that I have ever tried to feel my boxers stomach after they have eaten. It certainly shouldn't be obvious, visually, that they have eaten. If it is, they have eaten too much or they are bloating. :(

It sounds like your boy in in good condition, so do not worry about it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.