Where do you keep your crate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elsa:
Ruby's crate is in the family room and we have a plastic runner specially cut from her crate to the sliding glass door to protect the carpet (especially good during rainy times).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an excellent idea!! As, we get a little rain here in the Northwest. LOL
biggrin.gif

You know, after reading everyone's responses, someone ought to design a crate that looks like a piece of furniture. Then it could go anywhere and still match the decor!!

JoAnn

Super Boxer
We have a drop down room off of our living room, we call it our den, I keep both Boxers crates in there, Athena's is right under the air hockey table and Samson's is right next to hers. I use to worry about people coming over, and there first view were these huge cages, now I don't care. I figure I keep them clean, noone has to trip over them, and it gives the dogs their own area to get away from things.

D

dpasto

My crate is foldered and in our basement
smile.gif
(that is unless I give into the miss the pitter patter of little paws syndrome)

------------------
Bridget - 7 yr. old flashy fawn female cropped and docked (the enforcer)

Killian - 4 yr. old dark brindle male dark mask cropped and docked (big love bug)

Darcy - 2 1/2 yr. old flashy brindle female cropped and docked (bad to the bone)

www.pastoboxers.pages.petsmart.com

L

lb

the little sergeant majors crate is in our spare bedroom which is right next door to our room. i have had it in many different places but this is best for us so far. it's quite and cool and he's only crated at night to sleep.

------------------
LB,JB,Mikey (2 year old cat) & Sergeant Major Harley (black reverse male brindle born Jan.21,00)

Boxer Crazy

Boxer Booster
We have Keisha's wire crate right beside the kitchen table (in a corner) I also put a nice looking blanket on top. Now that we have 2 crates here (a small one for Travis right beside Keisha's) we are running out of room - Travis will very soon move up to a bigger crate - they grow sooo fast! I'm not sure what I will do when that time comes - which will likely be in the next few days!
Elsa - the runner is a great idea!
Linda - I like your idea too - I'd love to have a really nice looking crate.

------------------
Keisha - March 8/98 - female plain brindle with cropped ears
Travis - May 14/00 - male flashy fawn with natural ears.
Sammie - approx 11 yr. F/S Beagle X
Riley - March 8/97 - F/S tri-color, long haired chihuahua

BXR MOM

Boxer Booster
I have both Lucy and Lexus' crates in our bedroom with covers so that it is nice and cozy. However, the are only in these crates to sleep (Lucy has an x-pen in the kitchen for the days and Lexus runs the house). I would think putting Debo's crate in your bedroom would work if he was only going to use it at night. If he is in it during the day I would think it would get depressing to be dark all of the time, etc. I know I wouldn't like to be in a dark place all day long? Reminds of seasonal depression!

Good Luck!

------------------
Ann
Lexus - Six year old flashy fawn female, uncropped
Lucy - white female born 3/00, uncropped

EMWAZ

Super Boxer
We have our crates in the closet of our bedroom. The closet door is always open and the crates are next to each other. I realize a lot of the recommendations are to put the crate in a busy area but the bedroom works really well for us and both of them go in with no problems.

------------------
Homepage:

<A HREF="http://
http://home.earthlink.net/~azwhitehouse/" TARGET=_blank>
http://home.earthlink.net/~azwhitehouse/</A>

Babe, 1 1/2 yrs, dark brindle, natural ears, rainbow bridge 88
Buster, 12 1/4 yrs, fawn, natural ears, rainbow bridge 3/99
Pancho, 1 1/4 yrs, fawn, natural ears
Zoe, 3 yrs, boxer mix, red brindle (long nose), natural ears
Esther & Gary

Carol

Boxer Buddy
Hi We stopped using Champs crate about 2 years ago when he was three. He only used it when we were away from the house. Once we decided to remodel the house, we put it away and he has total run of the house. He does have a lazy boy chair he considers his.

Noey814

Boxer Pal
My husband and I keep ours in the kitchen during the day, it in the bedroom with us at night. It is the only way Brutus will sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.