1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you keep your crate?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Badassboxer, Jul 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badassboxer

Badassboxer Guest

I was wondering where everyone keeps their crate?

I want to change my living room around and put Debo's crate into our bedroom instead, the only thing is, is that our bedroom is very dark (my husband works swing and we have a stationary black sheet over our window) So I wonder if it would really be fair to crate him in the room. Right now he is in the living room by a window and a tv.

But when we crate him, he sleeps anyway and we don't crate him for long.

????

2. 4theLuvofBoxers

4theLuvofBoxers Boxer Pal

I keep my other puppy crated in the dining room, over in a corner. It is still a very open space and he is right next to the window also. I try not to keep the window up very wide since this is Alaska...hehe. But I wouldn't see why it would be a problem to put the kennel(crate) in the bedroom where it's a little dark. As long as he is getting fresh air, and feels somewhat comfortable. The reason I keep mine in the dining room is so that he can see that he isn't left alone, he can always see us if we are home, he knows that he isn't alone. I don't know if I helped you or not, but I really wish you good luck in finding a suitable space. [​IMG]

------------------
    **Karen** :)

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Boxer Pal

We keep our crate in the family room. Kira goes in it when we go away and when I go to work. Since I don't work during the summer she isn't in it very much. And since she thinks she is part human she sleeps with me (husband works midnights). She doesn't hog the blankets, but she sure does take most of my pillow.

------------------
    Kira-born 2/4/00, female, plain fawn, cropped, docked, and about to be spayed.
    Rocko- big brother to Kira, black lab, adopted at 2 years old, nuetered, born 3/2/95

4. Elsa

Elsa Guest

Ruby's crate is in the family room and we have a plastic runner specially cut from her crate to the sliding glass door to protect the carpet (especially good during rainy times). It's in the middle of the house and there's lots of windows for fresh air.

------------------
    -Elsa

Ruby- Flashy Fawn, Black Mask,Cropped, 5/1998

5. Sierra

Sierra Boxer Buddy

We keep our wire crates in the living room. I put quilts on the top to make them look better but leave the sides open for air. At night they sleep in our bedroom with a baby gate over the doorway to keep them from wandering around.
    Barney--Brindle 13mo. male/n natural ears
    Remmy--Boxer mix 18mo. male/n <foster>
    Samson--Fawn Rainbow Bridge I miss you!

6. Gracie

Gracie Guest

I crate my baby only at night and she is right next to out bed. There is my 2 cents! Hope it all works out for you!

------------------
    3 month old Female Fawn Croped Tail, Big Floppy Ears aka "The Rock Eater"

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rmajma_2000

[This message has been edited by Gracie (edited 07-31-2000).]

7. cindy

cindy Guest

Lacies crate has always been in our "utility" room, but Im considerng puting it out in the living room. Cindy

8. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Markus' crate was always in the bedroom. I covered it with a blanket to make it nice and cozy and den like.

------------------
    Jan
    Markus, dark brindle
    neutered male, 6 yrs old

9. Brutus and Amaya's Mom

Brutus and Amaya's Mom Boxer Insane

Bru and Amayas crates are in the living room. Our trainer said to keep the crate out of the bedroom but I know other people that say that works best.

------------------
    Brutus & Amayas Mom
    Brutus 9/23/99 Flashy Fawn
    Amaya 3/22/00 Flashy Brindle

10. GillianF

GillianF Boxer Booster

The crates for Bronte and Ttakas are in our laundry room. They are seldom crated now and I've taken the doors off so they come and go as they please. It's cooler in the basement and quite often they spend the day sleeping in their crates. When they were younger and were being initiated to crating, we had them in the living room - they are pretty large and with two of them they took up alot of space, so were moved down to the laundry room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.