1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to start treats?

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by todell80, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todell80

todell80 Completely Boxer Crazy

This may be a dumb question, but I have tried to search for the answer and can't find anything. I know adding different things to puppy's diets can trigger diarrhea, so should I wait before I start giving Zeus treats as rewards when he, for example, looks when I say his name? Or is it such a little amount that it won't affect him too much? He is 7 weeks old. Any info anyone has would be appriciated!!

2. KonaKoffe

KonaKoffe Boxer Pal

We started out very slowly with treats and anything other than the regular meals. When we did give treats we only gave really small pieces (crumbs). For training class we cut up the moist treats into tiny pieces.

3. EricaG

EricaG Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm not sure when you're supposed to start giving treats. 7wks is really young! But if you're looking to reward him with something you can always just use a piece of his kibble. it will seem like a treat to him, and you won't have to worry about upsetting his tummy.

4. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

Ruby had treats as soon as we got her at 8 weeks, little pieces of cooked chicken, ready bought pup treats, all sorts of things, they made such a difference in her training. As long as you don't give anything too rich or unsuitable there should be no problem :)

5. robinette

robinette Boxer Booster

If your worried and really don't want to upset her tummy you could always give her peices of her kibble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.