What's my little guy going to look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenn

Boxer Buddy
Lately I've been wondering what my puppy's going to look like when he's grown. I don't want to offend anyone at all, but I've sort of noticed a few different kinds of boxer looks in my travels - bigger, squarer faces, sort of mean looking dogs / sweet faced, narrow headed dogs / big husky blocky dogs / trimmer dogs / jowls that hang down and flop in the wind even when there isn't any / shorter jowls that don't look like they drip drool all that much. Does anyone have any predictions, after looking at my 4 month old Griffin? Is it too early to even tell? And of course, even if he grows up to be a big, burly, droopy, drooling monster, I'll still love him and we'll still try to lay on the couch together!

-Jenn
wink.gif

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=3800858303&n=333469345

B

Badassboxer

I predict that your Griffin will be the the best looking Boxer YOU ever laid your eyes on, after all, we all feel that way about each of our babies don't we!!
smile.gif

PS BTW Debo is 6 months and he always had "smaller" jowls, but then out of the blue, they grew, and so did the slobber and amount of food bits he was able to carry!!!
biggrin.gif

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Griffin is precious! I bet he will have a body like my Mr. Cooper. I do not have a pic of his body on his site though. Cooper has a very wrinkly face and Griffin looks like he has a more classic face. By the way, Cooper has jowls more like a mastiff(the better to squish with though)but he has an incredibly DRY mouth. Go figure!

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked
http://hometown.aol.com/mnrbedsaul/myhomepage/pet.html
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male, cropped and docked rainbow bridge Sept. 98

C

ChrisM

your little fellow reminds me alot of Tess. Similar coloring, very similar head shape (not too "boxy") and sleek and slender body type vs. short and squatty. It will be interesting to see how they develop! My Zelda (7 weeks) is just the opposite except for being fawn! She is short, stout, very muscular and has much more of a boxy head!

------------------

Mom to:
LADY - White female, natural ears. Rainbow Bridge February 2000

TESS - Flashy Fawn female, born Dec, 1999, natural ears

ZELDA - Semi-flashy Female, natural ears, born May 31, 2000

MarinaS

Boxer Insane
Jenn -- what a cutie your Griffin is. He really looks for me like Tina at his age (except colour). I'm sure he will become the most beautiful Boxer when he grows up
smile.gif

------------------
Marina (Lelu)

Suzanna828

Boxer Booster
Jenn, he is GORGEOUS! Seriously, I'm not just saying that.
smile.gif
He looks like his jowls won't be too big, although I love 'em both ways, and he looks like he'll fill out to be a pretty stout boy. That white spot between his eyes is so cute - I love that! What a sweetie...

Our Jake is a little guy. He only weighs 55 lbs, and his height is 20 inches (average is a lot bigger). He has this huge head, though. Our vet said he's probably younger than we originally thought and has some filling out to do. Either way...He's too cute!

------------------
Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

B

brindlemom

Griffin looks soo much like my pup, except Striker is brindle. That huge tongue! LOL. Yeah Striker's jowls aren't very big at all at 7 months. I know exactly what you mean by seeing all the different boxers and wondering what yours will look like! Striker's parents both didn't have big jowls. They are still cute either way!
Good Luck.

------------------
Cindy
Striker's Mom
Christmas baby, born 12/25/99. Brindle with white "socks", chest, blaze. Cute as can be!!!

Sierra

Boxer Buddy
I beleive the German boxers are shorter and have a more square [box]head while the American boxers are taller with a more narrow head. I think they all are beautiful.

Jenn

Boxer Buddy
German vs. America - shows how much I really know about Boxers. I didn't know there was a distinction - that's something to look into this rainy afternoon when I don't really feel like doing any work!

Status
Not open for further replies.