1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your 1st ever pet? How old were you?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Louise501, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

When I was 5 years old, the local vet called my parents and said someone had dumped an approximately 2 year old male rat terrier mix at his office. My dad went and picked him up and named him before they got home. His name was Igor and he was the best dog! He slept in my bed, walked down the lane with me every morning when I went to catch the school bus and would be waiting for me in the afternoon. When I got my drivers license, he rode shotgun. When I was 21 years old, I had to help him to the bridge and that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. That night, DH had invited friends over. I ended up staying in the bedroom, crying my eyes out. After 18 years, I still miss him!

2. boxerxbabe

boxerxbabe Boxer Booster

Hmm this is hard because I grew up with animals since birth... but I suppose the first animal that I called mine was when I was 5 and my brother gave me his horse for my birthday (I had ridden her but she was his not mine but he wasn't a horse person). So my first pet of my own was a horse :) Her name was Bessy and I still have her today, I am 19 and she is 23 and mostly a big pasture ornament.

3. lisid

lisid Boxer Booster

We got our first pet when I was 16. A peke-a-poo named Holly. She is such a great dog. She's lived a really long life and sadly will be going to the bridge on thursday.

4. beausmommy

beausmommy Boxer Insane

My first pet was a dachshund named Oscar. I think he was already in the family when I was born because there are pictures of us together when I was about a year old. Sadly, he died when I was 5. He's the reason that I got Bailey when I was able to get a dog in college!

5. sandy's mom

sandy's mom Boxer Insane

My first pet was a boxer named Pansy. My dad traded a tractor for her when I was about 2. My mom said she instantly adopted me as hers.
    I know in my heart that is why I love boxers so much, she was just perfect.
    My dad had her put to sleep when I was 14, she had cancer. To this day, I still get tears when I think about it. That was over 30 years ago.

My Sandy looks exactly like her and has the same disposition and personality.
    How could I be so lucky in life to be loved by these wonderful creatures.

6. koaboy04

koaboy04 Boxer Insane

My first pet was a beautiful black Persian cat named lucky. He was so gorgeous & I loved him more then anything, I was 9 when I got him.

7. SandyHG55654

SandyHG55654 Banned

(SAD) My first pet was a pitt puppy named pudgie who I saved. A neighbor had the mom who ate the other pups so he asked if I would take the last one and bottle feed him until he was old enough to find a home. He was about 2 weeks old and grew into his name after a few weeks I decided to keep him but wasn't suposed to have pets where I lived. So after about 4 months I got busted and had to give the pup back to the neighbor. We moved and later the neighbor told me whenever the puppy got loose he would go sit on my old doorstep and wait for us! Should have been a clue,the dog got out alot! So of course he got hit by a car at the age of 1 and died. I was heartbroken but also only 18 at the time and often thought of this dog over the years. Thats why we didn't get another until we were able to care for an animal permanetly!

8. kaykay1970

kaykay1970 Boxer Buddy

I was born into a very animal loving family. I instantly had a spitz named Fluffy, a black lab named Blacky, a rabbit named Gaga, a pony named Red and several ducks. My sisters obviously lacked a knack for originality when naming pets...The first pet that we got after I was born was a cocker spaniel-poodle mix named Pepper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.