1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your 1st ever pet? How old were you?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Louise501, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fayebay1969

fayebay1969 Boxer Insane

We were 3 years old when we got a pekinese baby. She was a birthday present to my grandmother. We got Snoopy around the same time frame. He was the best german shepherd. My grandmother gave the pekinese to her sister in law when she ripped my sister's lip open. She had a weird temperament. They got us a peekapoo to raise as our inside baby. We have had alot of animals through the years. I can remember every one of them.

2. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

My first pet of my very own was a goldfish that I named Casper. ( I really liked stories of Casper the friendly ghost). He lived for about 3 years and I cried like a baby when he died. He was a cool little fish. :)

3. Gingerlove

Gingerlove Boxer Booster

I think my first pet was a goldfish, but he didn't last long since I wanted to play with him (meaning pet him...) and he died. I was very young...
    After that, I got hamsters (2), a cat, a bunny and a dog mixed schnauzer/griffon named Brigitte. I looooooooved her!

4. Louie's Mom

Louie's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

My first ever pet was a black and white pitbull named "Buckmiller" my dad had him before I was born and sadly a little after I was a year old Buckmiller got ahold of a porcupine and had to be put to sleep :( Even though I don't remember him he was my first pet.

The first pet that I remember ( who was also my 2nd pet ) was a brindle pitbull name "Little Girl" she was like me and my little brothers nanny - she was the best dog in the world. My brother got his head stuck under the porch trying to pet a stray cat (LOL) and she ran into the house frantically and got my mom and led her to my brother and she layed with him and helped dig him out while my mom dug with the hand shovel to get him loose.

She lived to be about 10 - 11 , we lost her to cancer.

Rest In Peace Little Girl - you were the best :)

5. Luvnmyboxer

Luvnmyboxer Boxer Insane

We got Fluffy when I was three years old. She was in a pen at the county fair with her brothers and sisters. I picked her out because she was the playful one and I carried her all the way to my dad across the fair to ask if we could have her. The first night my parents tried to keep her in a pen in the back yard and by the time they'd get to the house she'd be out and sitting at the door wanting in. Although she remained mostly an outside dog- the best guard dog ever, she lived her last years indoors. Fluffy passed at the ripe age of 16 on her own. She was my first dog and there are pictures of she and I everywhere in our photo albums. I have a pic of she and I (me holding her again) in my room still. She use to let me do my gymnastics flips over her in the yard. Even when I'd fall and land on her she's just give me a lick and never move.

6. jonesy

jonesy Boxer Booster

The first pet I remember is a blue parakeet named Sam. He was very tame and would sit on your spoon while you were eating. He also drank water straight from the facet! I was about 5 years old.
    The first dog I remember was a miniture poodle named Troubles. He was a smart little dog. He was a gift from my godparents, when they brought him in the house my mum said, there is a handful of trouble!

7. carolshafer

carolshafer Boxer Insane

I really do not remember my first pet but I have been told that it was an Easter chick that my beloved Grandmother gave me when I was three years old and she was kept in the house. No one remembers her name though. :)

8. electric1

electric1 Super Boxer

The first pet that I had was a red Dachsund that I named Snoopy. My parents gave him to me for my 6th birthday present. I had grown up with being around other dogs though. My Dad raised Pointers and English Setters for bird hunting, but they were considered as His and my Mothers' dogs.

9. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

I can't remember if my terripin came first or my hamster!! The terripin was called - Billie, & the first hamster was called - Scampie. :)

10. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

First pet hu? Well that would be Penny. I was a toddler and the word I knew best beside Momma/Daddy was Penny. So that was my kitties name. Sadly, I am told, Penny was run over by my mom's neighbor. I don't really remember Penny at all.

I DO remember trying to be a good girl and giving a kitten a bath after I gooped her up with a lollipop, I was scolded badly by my mom. Not for getting the kitten messy but for the way I tried to bathe her..but putting her in the toilet and flushing it :LOL: Funny I can remember THAT but I cannot remember kindergarten..go figure. Oh and I don't remember that poor kitties name..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.