1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your 1st ever pet? How old were you?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Louise501, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titus24

titus24 Boxer Booster

Coming from a family who loves all and any animals, I have had tons of them. Still do. Now I have about 65 pets. Ranging from dogs to reptiles.But My first pet was when I was 1. My parents got me a mix small bred pup buster lol for christmas. Had tht dog for 18 yrs we grew up together. I still miss him.

2. Jill's boxer

Jill's boxer Banned

We always had dogs, cats, parakeets, fish, etc growing up. But the first "pet" that was all mine was my horse, Midnight. I got him when I was in 7th grade. I swear he was a boxer in a horse's body! I sometimes think Norton was the reincarnation of that horse! (they were the same color--white! and Norton even pranced like him! LOL).

But...the first pet in my life was a black standard Poodle named Elska that my mom got before she had me while living in Iceland. I think she got Elska because her best friend got one! Then my parakeet Tweety when I was about 4 yrs old. I remember Tweety because one morning I came down to find Tweety "sleeping" and thought it was cute how she laid on her back to sleep until my mom told me the truth about Tweety's looooong nap! :eek: Then a doxie named Clementine, my pitbull Olie, and a succession of barn cats and pet rats and a misadventure in accidental cockatiel breeding once...My DH and I had two cats after we got married: Chinacat and Wingtip (both deceased.) and then we got Norton and now Gracie!

3. Beau's Mommy

Beau's Mommy Boxer Insane

MY very first pet was a duck named PJ. I was 5 and my family and I were spending a week with my Aunt and Uncle who had a farm and raised ducks, chickens, you name it. My Aunt came running in the house one morning and drug me out to the "duck house" to see 5 little ducklings hatching. I got to help one that was stuck out of it's shell. Well, the day we were leaving my Aunt asked me if I would like to take one of the baby ducks home. My Mother of course said "absolutely not" but despite my Mom's fierce protests, I went home with a baby duckie. We did not live on a farm so he just stayed in our back yard and attacked my older brother every time he came outside. We had him for about a year then he just disappeared one day. My parents played the classic "must have run away" thing, except it was "must have flew away." Several years later I finally pulled it out of them that they gave him to a friend with a farm and a pond.

4. lafsalot

lafsalot Boxer Insane

My parents got our first dog/pet when my sister and I were very little. Trinket was a terrier mx and lived to the ripe old age of 18! ~ Cathy

5. My Samson

My Samson Super Boxer

My first pet was a Saint Bernard named Bunny (ironic, huh? :D)... I loved her to death. I remember riding her around like a horse and using her as a pillow!! I miss her. :(

6. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

Our first pet was a white rabbit named ........wait for it........ Snowy. Lol

I was about 5 years old and loved him to bits. When he died I cried my little eyes out but all my brother said was 'Can we have another one now?'

7. bucca

bucca Boxer Insane

my first pet was a 2 month old german shepard puppy my granddad bought for me when my parents took me home from the hospital when i was born, my parents and grandparents always had dogs and he wanted me to have my own to grow up with i had him till i was 13 and he passed away. i still to this day think of him often.

8. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

My first pet was a 10 week old female boxer named Flippy. I was 5 yrs old. She was hit and killed infront of my grandparents house while we were visiting. My dad went the next day and drove all day and night looking for another boxer pup. He came home that night with another female boxer pup and I named her Flippy. She was with me until I was 18 yrs old.

9. Emily86

Emily86 Boxer Booster

Sam or Samathee as was his full name. He was a member of my family before me, and he lived to be 16 or 17 or maybe 18 or 19 I can't remember now. But he was a great cat quiet but in charge of the household animals. There is still a little indention in my parents bed where he slept every single night-same place. He was a great cat!

10. TossBranAbi

TossBranAbi Boxer Insane

My first pet was a horse named Bonnie, my parents actully got her for me a few months before I was born:rolleyes: We just had to sell her last year because they stripped above our house and ruined our water (made it poisonous with sulfur) and there wasn't enough water out of the reverse osmosis sytem (that doesn't work) for her to drink. It is kind of hard to carry water for a horse. Then when I was a couple of years old, my Mom got me a german shepard pup named Bear who was with us until just a few years ago. I have had many animals throughout my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.