1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your 1st ever pet? How old were you?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Louise501, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

My 1st pet, well, she was meant to be a family pet but she ended up being mine, was a Golden Retriever called Tessie. We got her when I was 12, she was gorgeous, so affectionate. She used to sit in the chair or settee with me and I'd rub her tum. We had to help her to the bridge on christmas eve, I was then 23, as she was very ill and went blind. The muscles above her eyes collapsed too. I loved her to bits. Can you remember the 1st pet you had? :)

2. StellaBee

StellaBee Super Boxer

My first animal was a hampster named Rat. And I remember being so bummed...because I really wanted a dog. Since Rat, there were several more hampsters, gerbils, fish and cats. I was 25 when I got my first "pet"...that's Stella, and I love her to death.

3. kljarvis

kljarvis Boxer Insane

my first pet was a chihuahua/terrier mix. I was 9 mo's old, her name was Dusty, and we had her until I was 10 1/2 yrs old. Mom named her Dusty after a show called Dusty's Trails? Old Western show I believe. I have always had animals in my life, though, I really do love them around me, and the more the merrier!

4. ForeverMama

ForeverMama Boxer Insane

My first pet was a terrier (fox/rat mix) named Sissy. She was solid white except both ears were tan. We got her when I was six years old. She was my best friend for 15 years. She passed in my arms from a heart attack when I was 21. Never forget the love we shared. She was my world.

5. Roxy'sNewMom

Roxy'sNewMom Boxer Insane

Michelle

After my mom died my father let me get Michelle. I was 8 and she was a hampster. It was not a good experience at all. She bit and was VERY unfriendly. (hard for me to say but I was only 8) I decieded I would make her friendly by only hand feeding her......she bit me every time (DUH). She eventually died after about 9 months of not eating much. I still feel bad about poor Michelle. If you are at the bridge I do appoligize. I got a hampster agian when I was 16 and she lived for about 3 years (until my cat ate it).
    Shaunna

6. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

I was the youngest of five human children and our boxer Duke was 1 year younger than me......my first "all my responsibility" dog was a boxer/shepherd mix named Pat.

7. BXRBESTFRIND

BXRBESTFRIND Super Boxer

Hmm my first pet

Well growing up in a house where pets werent allowed i guess the first "pet" i had was tadpoles i used to catch out of the local creek and keep outside, never could figure out why theyd be gone in the morning Stupid Racoons

THen i joined 4-h had bunch of Lambs and turkeys.

But i guess the only one id consider a real pet was the one Goat ive owned when i was 14 i named him Shieskoff(sp?) which is German for S#$%head which was very fitting. He knew his name and everything. i kept him at a farm about 20mins from my house so when id drive up and hed see it was me he run and jump over his fence to come out to greet me. He never escaped or jumped out on his own Just when he wanted to say Hi when i first got there. Very cool animal and the only 4-h animal i owned that ended up selling as live.

Wow that ended up being long i just luv that story.

P.S I live in the San Francisco Bay Area no one ever thinks there is farms or 4-h in the area

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  8. abbey_eisma

abbey_eisma Boxer Buddy

A black cocker spaniel named Jingles. I had her until I was 5. After that we had a white and black cocker spaniel named Patsy....we had her until I was 20!!

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Completely Boxer Crazy

I had two bunnies named Minnie and Mickey! I loved those two so much!

10. Indy B's Mom

Indy B's Mom Boxer Insane

We had a beautiful St. Bernard named Woof-Woof. My parents said her papered name didn't fit her so they asked her what her name was and that was her answer lol. My parents said I used to ride on her like a horse when I was a toddler. Then we had a mixed hound from the shelter named Howler-he was the gentlest soul and passed away a couple of years ago at the ripe old age of 17. They were both wonderful dogs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.