1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to stay away from...

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by victore1123, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victore1123

victore1123 Boxer Pal

I've come across a lot of threads suggesting what brands of dog food to buy. What about the dog food brands to stay away from? Has anyone heard or read something that should cause concern over the use of a particular brand of dog food?

2. Iaboy

Iaboy Banned

3. victore1123

victore1123 Boxer Pal

Thanks for the link. The article contained a lot of helpful and interesting information. After reading all the different explanations for the different ingredients, I began to wonder if anyone actually physically oversees/implements all the regulations imposed. It's a scary thought...

4. Iaboy

Iaboy Banned

I agree it is an interesting subject. I subjected Max to all of the super premium foods, to no avail, he had the runs, eye goobers etc. Now I feed him Bil-Jac which is not cheap, but his coat is great, no goobers and such. I am not endorsing this food in any way, but you have to go with what works for your dog. Max would not eat some of the foods, I mean I would leave them for more than two days. You have to investigate just because the WDJ states that they recommend it, they don't try it and such. Good luck with your pup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.