What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacevwbug79

Boxer Buddy
animal control

(after reading all of the posts here and if your dog is in good health.......i would.....)

I work for a 911 center.... I would first call your local police dept and speak with an animal control officer and report what happened. The police dept needs to be aware of what happened in case they are getting any more reports of this happening. Especially if this female is not legit. If your friend has any further information you need to get that so you can be as specific as possible.. name, description, what affliation she is with.. remember the date, time and location of where it happened.

Contact your local vet and keep the proper information on hand in case someone approaches your again.

The micro chip is a great thing. I just had Dixie done and almost the following day she fled and went down the street. She didnt come back for about an hour - she was with the dogs next door (I was at work and my boyfriend called me) i immediately thought to call the animal control to let them know and I thought to myself - thank god i got her chipped b/c it would have been very useful.

Hope everything goes well... please keep us posted.

Luvnmyboxer

Boxer Insane
If it were me I"d call the local animal shelter or whoever she said she was with to report the incident. I would also notify the police that way it's documented if something would happen to your dog it's already on file there. If you have a trusting neighbor who can watch your house when you leave for work etc. I would suggest that also--or invest soon in a home security system. This lady sounds very suspicious. Maybe she was worried about your dog and thought you were a bad owner, or maybe she just wanted your dog in the end. Either way keep a close eye on your baby, invest in a microchip ASAP- it's not removable like tags are, and your dog will be tracked back to you when someone tries to take it to the vet. Alert your friends to not give your info. out to anybody (although I"m sure they were scared and didnt know better at the time.) Keep us posted on what comes of this please, very odd situation, esp. the photos and info.

browbury

Boxer Booster
OK, not trying to cause problems either. But, if you look at the pictures in her gallery, the dog looks skinny. Chico is about 6 1/2 months old now and he does have a little bit of "rib exposure", but not like that. According to my vet, who is a Boxer breeder, Chico is about the right size. I believe totally with all the others that this lady is not legit, however, she may have pretended to to scare you a little just to try and help the dog. Not saying you dont love your baby, we all do. But, dozersmommy has seen this up close and personal. Maybe he needs a change in diet to help him to put on a little weight. Especially if he has bloody stools. Just a suggestion. Seek the advice of a reputable vet and watch very close after your baby. I can tell you love your dog, that is not the question. But, do the right thing and fatten that baby up a little and talk to the vet so if this lady ever comes around again you can tell her where to stick it. Good luck. Please dont bash me. This is all about opinions.

Amber
Chico 9/30/2005

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
I would be concerned about the legitimacy of this woman. What dog wouldn't eat cat food?? And btw, I've heard that cat food can wreak havoc on a dogs tummy (not sure if there is truth to that, but it's what I've heard). Since she has all your personal info, you need to keep an extra eye out for your pup.
I looked in your gallery and she is a sweetie for sure. For 7months old, I think she looks fairly normal for a boxer at that age. My Spirit is 17mths and he is thin still, but his energy level is extremely high! The vet says that the sight of a few ribs is normal as the boxer breed is known to be a lean breed. What's important is that you are providing the necessities of life, and more. In your own mind, and you say vet documentation, you are not being negligent and you should have nothing to worry about. I get the odd idiot who says that Xena's overweight and Spirit is underweight and then the comment "oh, I guess we know who the last one to leave the table is" and "I bet she eats all his food too"! Duhhh...Xena will be 10 and has a senior physique...Spirit is 17mths and has the energy of a pre-teen! :rolleyes:

browbury said:
OK, not trying to cause problems either. But, if you look at the pictures in her gallery, the dog looks skinny. Chico is about 6 1/2 months old now and he does have a little bit of "rib exposure", but not like that. According to my vet, who is a Boxer breeder, Chico is about the right size. I believe totally with all the others that this lady is not legit, however, she may have pretended to to scare you a little just to try and help the dog. Not saying you dont love your baby, we all do. But, dozersmommy has seen this up close and personal. Maybe he needs a change in diet to help him to put on a little weight. Especially if he has bloody stools. Just a suggestion. Seek the advice of a reputable vet and watch very close after your baby. I can tell you love your dog, that is not the question. But, do the right thing and fatten that baby up a little and talk to the vet so if this lady ever comes around again you can tell her where to stick it. Good luck. Please dont bash me. This is all about opinions.

Amber
Chico 9/30/2005
I would just like to also add that I saw this pup 1 week ago and not only could you see all the ribs but the spine as well, and one of their posts said this dog is 7 months and 34lbs. None of the pictures in the gallery are from recent weeks either. I really hope you don't take offense to this and have this pup looked at. Good luck!

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
Wow, this thread turned complicated. I hope that woman was only looking out for the welfare of your dog and not have other ideas. I think if I were you I would get your pup to a vet and find out what is wrong real quick! It may be something as simple as the food. You say you guys are very active so maybe it is a matter of increasing the food intake. I hope you can find a solution and soon. I am glad that dozersmommy has seen your dog in person just so you can get feedback from others that hopefully you trust. Good luck!

Dozersmommy: not to be rude or anything but my baby will be 6 months old and she only weighs 25 lbs. but she is in good health and not at all one bit skinny, just tiny. I can't say much as you have seen this dog in person but just wanted to throw that out there.

TossBranAbi said:
Wow, this thread turned complicated. I hope that woman was only looking out for the welfare of your dog and not have other ideas. I think if I were you I would get your pup to a vet and find out what is wrong real quick! It may be something as simple as the food. You say you guys are very active so maybe it is a matter of increasing the food intake. I hope you can find a solution and soon. I am glad that dozersmommy has seen your dog in person just so you can get feedback from others that hopefully you trust. Good luck!

Dozersmommy: not to be rude or anything but my baby will be 6 months old and she only weighs 25 lbs. but she is in good health and not at all one bit skinny, just tiny. I can't say much as you have seen this dog in person but just wanted to throw that out there.
Oh I understand and my dog is male so it's hard to judge but at our playdate there was a 4 month old female there and she is petite and they were about the same size but this dog was quite a few pounds lighter. My point is that I really think this may have been a legitimate person looking to help for the welfare of this dog.

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
dozersmommy said:
Oh I understand and my dog is male so it's hard to judge but at our playdate there was a 4 month old female there and she is petite and they were about the same size but this dog was quite a few pounds lighter. My point is that I really think this may have been a legitimate person looking to help for the welfare of this dog.

Oh, I completely understand your concern. I just wanted to add that. I really do hope something good comes out of all of this.

dayday

Boxer Buddy
i see where you are coming from but i went to 3 different vet all suppose to be great vets and i get the same thing. hot spots on my dog are possibly from allergies. i ran all sort of test for everything. skin test, blood test, stool test what ever. i spent couple hundred already on trying to figure out why my dog is like that. and btw the blood thing hasnt showed up for couple days until that day wit the cat food. but just a lil blood after couple stools. as for my diet. i decide to go raw diet for now and still tyrin to figure out the amount and she her weight has been increasing. as for the size of my boxer i spoke to couple owners at the park in hb, couple of them had the say situtation where puppy was small but later was okay. and she has look alot better since making the switch. i mean i tried everything to make it better. she does not vomit and is never tired. i mean we go on 2 mile daily walks, everyday dog park, and 4 mile weekend runs and no signs of any illness. so to be honestly with u guys who think there something wrong with my dog, i really hope u can figure it out cuz i cant. i tried so many different things switching diets, consistant visit to the vet, and numerous hours of researching and still can find the problem. but seriously if u guys have any other solution please do let me know. jus for your info, she does not have worms,mice,or flees,, or anything. so yea if u guys got suggestions, i would love to hear it. thanks.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
If she is only 7 months old that is a lot of running and walking. I've read on BW that you shouldn't walk or run them more than 5 minutes for every month old they are until they are 1.5 to 2 years old.
Maybe if she was burning less callories you would have an easier time putting some weight on her.
My Roxy is almost 7 months old and suddenly lookes too skinny. I think a lot has to do with growing and the warm weather, but I just started increasing her food and will have to wait and see. It's SO hard! Especially when people judge you like that. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.