What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

todell80

Completely Boxer Crazy
That sounds really weird. All the dogs that I know will eat cat food regardless of when the last time they ate or how well-nourished they are. There seems to be something fishy about this lady, good luck getting to the bottom of it.

Donna1969

Boxer Insane
Blizzy would eat ANYTHING cat related..their water, their food, their fur (don't ask :LOL:) hell she'd even eat the poo and pee clumps in the litter box.

Any animal control person is usually pretty up to par w/breeds (somewhat) and would know that boxers are SUPPOSED to have a rib or two showing!! They are LEAN animals!! I'd call the Animal Control or whatever 'place' she claimed to be from (and what worker of AC does crap like that out of uniform etc?? If she truly was AC and truly felt the dog was malnurished..she'd have written a summons or something..notice to comply etc). Call the place and report a complaint!

And keep BOTH eyes on your baby..this sounds really odd to me.

Kobers

Boxer Booster
A really close family friend of mine is an ASPCA employee. From the facts given in your post, nothing went "by the book". He is skeptical as to whether or not this lady even works for animal control. Like most others, I would suggest calling animal control...from there maybe call the police, and report this person. I have heard too many stories about stolen pets. Also tell your friend not to give out your personal info, your name and phone number would have been sufficient enough for them to follow up with you. Good Luck, and keep an extra eye out on your baby.

dayday

Boxer Buddy
Thank you so much for everyone's advices and opinions. I spoke to the animal control for HB, and they said exactly what you guys have told me. and now i am jus waiting to see if my friends can find the card she gave them. and i did went ahead and told my friends that was there to not give them my home address or number regardless. once again thank you so much for everyone's help. : ) ill will keep u guys updated.

Louie's Mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
If she gave her your home adress, then I would be careful because they might be trying to steal your dog, and now if they want it they know where the dog lives so they can just come and take it, there may be someone watching your house to see when you are home and when you arn't.

I would be really careful now - there are some real scumbag nuts out there. :(

koaboy04

Boxer Insane
Nothing about that sounded legit, & I would take every precaution with your baby. Please keep us posted about this.

Zoeys_Mom

Super Boxer
What a mess... I'm sorry to hear that you and your baby are going through this. It definately sounds odd. Please keep us upadated when/if you find the lady's card.... what a scare!

I remember you.

I don't want to sound like the bad guy here so please don't everyone jump on me. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you may not like what I have to say.I remember you from the park when we had our playdate a couple weeks ago. Your dog does not look well, and to be honest with you that is the reason why I left the park. I didn't want my dog getting ill. I really think there might have been a real reason why you were approached. Someone may have called because they were worried about the welfare of your animal. I have read some of your other posts and It seems like you are really trying to figure out what is wrong with your dog but as an outsider I will tell you she did look very skinny emaciated to me and had several patches of hair loss. Along with that A post you started about your dog pooping dark blood, I think you may need to change vets if the one you have thinks your dog is in perfect health and is willing to give you something in writing that says so. I really trully hope you work it out, but you should look at some of the pictures of what normal healthy boxers look like and compare it to yours. I really do hope you see the difference because there is one and it's huge. Good luck to you and your dog.

Andie68.

Boxer Pal
I can see bruces ribs too, I was at the vets last week to have his neutering stitches out and mentioned it to him, he said he is the perfect weight for his age (10 mths) and it is not unusual as he is so active and he will fill out as he gets older, as for cat food we have 3 cats and bruce recognises the tins and goes mad! he will leave his own food to eat theirs! sounds dodgy to me why give cat food not dog food? and don't you need a warrant to take a dog unless its a matter of life or death? keep your baby close, good luck.

elbykitty

Super Boxer
I have seen dogs confiscated on Animal Planet but this is really weird. And I have never meet a dog that did not love cat food. I would be careful as advised above, get vet documentation, and follow up with animal control. At the advice of my vet Oscar always had free rein of his dog food. But recently the vet has commented that it may be time to have feeding schedule since none of Oscars ribs are visible and my vet said one or two is optimal. So it is common knowledge that boxer should be on the thin side.Good luck and watch your baby.
Elbykitty
Mom os Oscar and Lilly

Status
Not open for further replies.