1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Boxer's Name?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Billysmum, Aug 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sierra:
    &lt;My daughter gave Nino his name - she thought it meant friend in Spanish. Now I don't think that is what it means but I'm not sure what the true meaning is???&gt;

Nino = male baby.
    Nina = female baby.
    Amigo = male friend
    Amiga= female friend
    This is from my highschool Spanish class but I think I'm right.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, male baby or male kid. Hijo is male son. It's from highschool for me too :)

Olly

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Markus, it means intelligent defender.

------------------
    Jan
    Markus, dark brindle
    neutered male, 6 yrs old

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Boxer Pal

My son picked the name Kira, but he originally was going to name her JoJo. The first time we saw her she was 4 weeks old and my son decided that name didn't fit her. So he decided on Corrine or Kira. His grandmother told him to go with the name Kira because she kept forgetting the other name was.

------------------
    Kira-born 2/4/00, female, plain fawn, cropped, docked, and about to be spayed.
    Rocko- big brother to Kira, black lab, adopted at 2 years old, nuetered, born 3/2/95

4. Linda

Linda Boxer Insane

It's kind of funny there are so many Harleys, named after the motorcycle. I guess it is fitting. Boxers huff and puff and rumble kind of like a Harley! LOL [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited 08-16-2000).]

5. MajorMom

MajorMom Boxer Booster

My baby's name is Major. His registered name is Major Dane Anderson. Dane is the last name of the breeder we got him from, and Anderson is my last name. I also like Great Danes too. I had some other names that i wasn't sure about like Casey, but it didn't fit him. Also my father was in the military. But we also call him Major Page, Major Pain, Toot, Dufus, Clutzo, Pretty Boy and The Ladies' Man. :D At least he thinks he is.

------------------
    Major-4/10/00, red fawn male, black mask, white bib, white paws, natural ears, docked, STINKER!http://www.geocities.com/janet_15851/my_page.html

6. Suzanna828

Suzanna828 Boxer Booster

Jake had already been named when we adopted him, so we kept it. Actually, it's his name that won over my grandfather, who previously hated dogs. He might have hated dogs, but he loves boxing, so we told him that Jake was a boxer named Jake Lamata (sp?), who is a famous human boxer. Now he loves our dog! HA! :p

Also, when we first spoke with our rescue coordinator she said his name was Jack. My father's name is Jack, so we decided on the way over that we would change his name to Jake. I knew it was meant to be when she told me his name really was Jake! :D

------------------
    Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

7. dpasto

dpasto Guest

My oldest is Bridget (I almost called her Brandy but my breeder talked me out of it saying that it was a very common boxer name but I have yet to see it on this board). My boy is Killian after the beer. My youngest is Darcy (irish for dark she was a very dark brindle when born)

------------------
    Bridget - 7 yr. old flashy fawn female cropped and docked (the enforcer)

Killian - 4 yr. old dark brindle male dark mask cropped and docked (big love bug)

Darcy - 2 1/2 yr. old flashy brindle female cropped and docked (bad to the bone)

www.pastoboxers.pages.petsmart.com

8. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

I just named my new 8 week old Maggie Mae. I was looking at her face, trying to decide what kind of name she "looked like," and the Rod Stewart song popped into my head. So, she's now Maggie Mae. She's not registered, so she doesn't have one of those fancy long names, but she's already perking up her ears when she hears "Maggie Maaaaae" But more than likely, over time as with my cat (Andora), I'll end up calling her "punkin" cause she's sweet as punkin pie!

Dan

9. Darcy

Darcy Boxer Buddy

We named Gabrielle's First Flight because she was champion of the skies as we picked her up in a small plane and flew her to her new home. And Cassie was already named when we adopted her. :D

------------------
    Gabbie, 4/20/99 fawn fe, natural ears
    Cassie, 2/99 (adopted 7/00) flashy brindle fe, cropped ears

[This message has been edited by Darcy (edited 08-16-2000).]

10. rainie

rainie Boxer Pal

My little tyke's name is "Puff" after the magic dragon. I call him puffles and puffleupagus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.