1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the age of the oldest boxer you've known or met?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by FrequentFlyr, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrequentFlyr

FrequentFlyr Super Boxer

My Striker lived to be 11 years 9 months. My female is now 10 and aging quickly. I met a 13 year old female years ago, that moved around quite well although she did look her age with a beautiful white face her body had withered to a frail little dog. She was the oldest boxer I had the pleasure of actually meeting.
    I'm curious how many here on BW have very old senior dogs and would you share their age and health issues and/or concerns.

2. on my 6th

on my 6th Boxer Pal

age of boxer

My oldest female was 14 1/2 yrs. old,when she passed.Her main problem was non-cancerous growths on her left front leg.I'm talking big-like a 1 1/2 lb. growth.I had it removed 3 times over 3 years.It never bothered her.Her mobility was great till she passed.Her last 5 years she would collapse if she ran too much.I thought she was gone till she'd pop up and take off again so she had a heart problem too.She also was on thyroid replacement since she was 8.I was blessed to have her for so long! My oldest male was her son,Bandit,he was a white boxer and had no health problems at all that I knew of.When he was 13 1/2,I woke up to find he had passed in his sleep.How blessed I was!The only one out of 4 that didn't have any growths or heart problems.He only got bronchitis one winter! Just enjoy every minute and don't worry about the length of time, give them quality love and rewards of understanding.When they pass, remember another one is waiting to be rescued and will fulfill you even more.That's what true boxer lovers' do!!!

3. elvis_baby

elvis_baby Boxer Insane

My Brouno lived to the ripe old age of 12 1/2, he was fit and well till one day he had a stroke and rapidly went down hill and sadley died whilst staying at the vets it broke my heart knowing he was on his own when he passed!

4. Angelfeather

Angelfeather Boxer Pal

My Pandora just passed from a brain tumor yesterday. She was 9 1/2 which to me seemed too young. I have her litter mate who is still going strong. I met a 13 years old boxer at our vet. Its the oldest Boxer my vet has seen at her clinic. She too was little and frail looking with an all grey face, but still had a lot of spunk in her.
    Angel

5. tatev94

tatev94 Boxer Buddy

So sorry to hear that. :(

I am glad that you have Pandora's litter mate to comfort you.

6. 3stripes

3stripes Deleted

Angelfeather

Sending lots of squishy-kisses your way! Cassius and I are so sorry to hear of your loss.

7. FrequentFlyr

FrequentFlyr Super Boxer

I am so sorry for your loss of Pandora, you are very lucky to have had her for 9.5 years. Even 14 or more wouldn't have been long enough. The loss of our beloved boxers is so great a loss..

~God bless~

8. FrequentFlyr

FrequentFlyr Super Boxer

Wow! 14.5 years old! That must be a record age.

Oh my.They must be up there with the oldest boxers ever recorded. That's fantastic! What do you feed your guys?

Does anyone know what the age of the oldest boxer is? I have read the average life span of a boxer is 10 years old. Is that right?

9. on my 6th

on my 6th Boxer Pal

Biscuit's food

She ate Dad's dry and some canned [Alpo,Pedrigree] mixed in.She also liked Alpo dry.Her greatest love was apples,when they hit the ground they were hers.She could eat a couple of dozen a day with no problems.During the winter I'd feed her a couple of them while I watched TV.I guess an apple-a-day works for fur kids also!!!!I now feed my Rudy Chicken soup with can food,so we'll see how good this food is!She once went 1/2 mile away to get a pear,I don't have pear trees and this was the closest house that had a tree.Oh yes my garden,she would go up and pick only the tomatoes[red ones] and lay in the yard and eat them.I hope this helps.She liked bananas and oranges too. Her greatest love was chocolate and she would steal it while I was at work.It didn't kill her but I've heard it should have.She ate way over the limit.Blessings to all!!!

10. Angelfeather

Angelfeather Boxer Pal

That is soo funny to hear another Boxers that loves apples. Our Alaska LOVES them....but only if you hold them for her...she bites down and pulls just like a little person and she waits for you to turn it w/ each bite, it makes me giggle everytime....yes they are spoiled :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.