What Food is safe?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfieboxer

Boxer Buddy
just wondering if any can tell me what foods are safe. Nutro Natural came on the advise of my vet...its one of the ones recalled. I am in Canada so I would need brands that are available here. It seems MENU foods manufactore for a lot of lables - are there ANY that they do not produce? Where can I get it!

A scared mom who did feed some wet Nutro Natural and uses dry Nutro Natural every day! Help!

Trina and Dexter

Maximus III

Boxer Buddy
Timberwolf Orhganics, Solid Gold, Innova and Natural Balance are just some of the excellent dog foods that come to mind. Take a look at their various ingedients on the internet and go from there.

NBBoxer

Boxer Booster
I swtiched my guy onto Canidae.
It's ranked as a good food and lots of people seems to use it on this site. My guy loves it and he is growing like a bad weed so it must be working ok :)

leslieann

Boxer Booster
Right now I am feeding Edie Canidae Platinum dry mixed with 1/3 can of Fromms Four Star Tuna Entree. She licks the bowl clean everytime.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
just wondering if any can tell me what foods are safe. Nutro Natural came on the advise of my vet...its one of the ones recalled. I am in Canada so I would need brands that are available here. It seems MENU foods manufactore for a lot of lables - are there ANY that they do not produce? Where can I get it!

A scared mom who did feed some wet Nutro Natural and uses dry Nutro Natural every day! Help!

Trina and Dexter

Hi I'm in Newfoundland too and I buy Canidae at Critters & Things, Mt. Pearl. They brought it in specifically for boxers. Someone was looking for it and I'm so glad.

gmacleod

Elusive Moderator
Staff member
It is worth noting that the recall is for canned and pouch food only. Dry food is not affected.

harley03

Completely Boxer Crazy
I'm also from NL and buy our pet food from The Doghouse on Duckworth St. They carry canidae, Merrick, and many other quality brands. Harley is on Merrick right now and has been for some time. According to their website they are not involved in the MENU recall.

newfieboxer

Boxer Buddy
Thanks for your help! Especially to those from NL - I visit the Doghouse often. I have been using Puppy Gold from there as my treats for clicker training. I also visit Critter and Things often. So that is great. I will try them and phase Dexter into a new food.

Status
Not open for further replies.