What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric1

Super Boxer
I want to get someone elses opinion or knowledge on this subject. The other night I had the TV on and surfing through channels I began watching a show that was on about different breeds of dogs. I can't remember whether or not it was on one of the Discovery channels or Animal Planet, but that doesn't really matter. It finally got to where they were discussing Boxers. It gave a brief history about about how the breed came about, the pros and cons about breed, and all that ya-ya. But the part that caught my attention was when they were talking about a Boxers eyesight and how a Boxer cannot see very well because of the shape its skull having something to do with the short length of the optic nerve. Now, I'm not going to argue about it, but there is nothing wrong with ABBYs' eyesight. Anyway, that's my quandry. Any other thoughts about this?

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
Hmmmm....interesting. I know when we got for walks mine can spot a rabbitt or squirrel quite a distance away. Maybe it is the smell, but it appears they see it quite clearly. I had never heard that about the eyesight before. I am curious to know if it has any justification or not.

punchinella

Boxer Insane
I've never heard this before, but that doesn't really mean anything as far as whether or not it's true. Punchie certainly doesn't seem to have any problems with her eyesight.

Maybe they meant compared to other dogs, they don't have as keen eyesight.
noideaicon
I would be interested in hearing others chime in who may know something about this though.

sargboxerluv

Completely Boxer Crazy
Ive never heard this before either. It seems absolutely crazy, but I also thought that teething having anything to do with their ears being up-floppy was rediculous! Then a few members explained it, so we'll see what they say about this. My girl seems to see just fine. She sees the squirrels in the trees, and the escaped crickets from my sons cricket house.

SamTheHam

Boxer Buddy
hi, i've never heard of this before either but maybe it was Dogs101...i have watched it before and have heard some bizarre things about other breeds that don't make any sense to me

Shane72

Boxer Booster
I know Rocky has better night vision than I have and I have excellent eyesight (like 20/13). When I open the back door at night with the light off, he'll spot a deer at the back of the yard and take off after it. By the time I cut the light on I can barely see Rocky standing at the bottom of the yard and just hear the deer running through the woods. He does this regularly. I imagine his daylight sight is pretty good too but who knows?

bucca

Boxer Insane
spanky has as far as i know very good vision that dog could see you drop a crumb a mile away and plow you over to get it.

Cami

Boxer Insane
That is a first for me as well however a lot of times when we "think" they see something they have actually SMELLED it long before.
I'm not saying that this would account for less than stellar vision just an observation.
I think my girl sees great although sometimes a treat can be on the floor right in front of her and she doesn't find it with her eyes but rather with her nose!

sargboxerluv

Completely Boxer Crazy
" bucca - spanky has as far as i know very good vision that dog could see you drop a crumb a mile away and plow you over to get it."

That's hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.