1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do shaved Boxers look like? (long)

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Glenys, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenys

Glenys Boxer Booster

I have just embarked on a campaign to keep my two Boxers off the lounge couches. It has become an embarrassment to have visitors and nowhere for them to sit except the dining chairs. The material of the couches is a polyester suede which hugs fur and fluff to itself with selfish glee and won't willingly give it up unless by force. Fur especially works it's way into the weave of the fabric and doesn't vacuum off, so I have to use rubber kitchen gloves, and have been known to wear right through those with the rubbing. SO.... my two doggies are banned from the couches and we have to put kitchen chairs on them to stop Cinda and Zak becoming couch potatoes again! They have their own bed in the lounge anyway, but it's the undoing of a very long time of allowing them to have their way which could be MY undoing! Because they're both inside dogs and we are in the middle of winter, they are shedding constantly. But that's another story. Thanks for letting me have a whinge....must be the bleak cold days.............I don't intend shaving them by the way.:LOL:

2. MayKay&SaJo

MayKay&SaJo Boxer Booster

Have you tried putting bed sheets over the furniture? You can keep the sheets on until company comes. When you have a guest, you can take the sheet off before they get their and no one will be the wiser! :)

3. Ak_Red

Ak_Red Boxer Buddy

My D.C. does a lot of shedding, and the fur sure likes my couch. I have found that weekly baths (with a good shampoo) and a brushing 2 times a week keep the shedding minimized. A lint remover made for clothes works well too. As for visitors coming over - well most are boxer fans, or dog fans at least, and don't mind. The rest? Well if they get upset at the fur, hey there are kitchen chairs. I am sure there are many boxer owners who need to keep a "fur free" room(s) to entertain. I am, thankfully, not one of them. If someone has a problem with me boyos they will go out before the dogs will.

4. snowicki

snowicki Boxer Booster

I hear ya!!

Our two shed something fierce!! We put the large rubbermaid container lids on the off limit furniture and it has worked like a charm : )

5. spud's mum

spud's mum Boxer Pal

I know what you mean...I swear Spud's fur is 50% velcro ;)
    I use bed sheets and throws on my furniture too...it keeps the worst of it off. My BF's car seats are an entirely different matter, though...:rolleyes:

6. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I have always covered my sofa where the dogs sleep. When visitors come, the cover comes off. :)

7. Glenys

Glenys Boxer Booster

Thanks for your replies--the sheets I use, then have throws over these as well. We live at the beach and the sand goes right through the lot anyhow. I have a feeling that particular type of fabric produces static and that's why we have the clingy fur problem. Now, container lids could help too! Thanks.

8. Mama_Zookeeper

Mama_Zookeeper Boxer Insane

In my gallery you can see pics of my pups & kitties resting on the couch with their comforter. It is washed weekly and comes off only when we have company. Works great for us, though honestly most of our friends don't mind hair on them and can't keep their hands off our pups!

Dora

9. Ritzy57

Ritzy57 Super Boxer

Same with us, Dora, we keep a comfortor on our couch, too, as you can see in my gallery pictures.
    Silly us! Actually bought a new couch just before we got Snoop!! Now, we only see it when company comes over, because it is always covered up! ;)

(and sometimes we don't even uncover it then!)

10. beausmommy

beausmommy Boxer Insane

I use a thick comforter to cover my couch. The couch was one of my first purchases on my own and it was expensive! I don't want the boys ruining it and they love the comfy comforter. I think I could make a lovely white sweater with all of Beau's hair that I get off of things around the house!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.