What a morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
Well, this morning after doing a few dishes, I thought it would be nice to hit the deck and soak in a few rays! :) 80 degrees, breezy and full sun! :D
I grab my sunscreen, radio and take that out to the back deck, when I turn around to open the backdoor to grab my towels, THE DOOR IS LOCKED!!! My mixed breed knows how to lock doors and I left the dogs loose in the house, and she LOCKED me out!! I head off to the front door, that's locked too (by myself, not dog). And all the other doors are locked as well. I am home alone, my sis and my mom are gone for the afternoon. I'm thinking I'll just have to dip in the pond, so I don't die of heat stroke out there for all the hours I'll be locked out! I try the door a few more times, maybe if I wiggle it just so... (sometimes one of the 2 locks on that door come loose, so I'm hoping she locked the bad one) YEAH!! SHe did, and I got back in. Never doing that again!

Then I took them out with me while I am on the deck, my mixed breed gets off and goes to bark at something, I put the other 2 inside and go to get her too, when I get off the deck, I can find her no where!!! I call and call and really get desperate, go back in for some treats to call her with, and plan on leaving the fence to search (though I don;t know how she could have gottten out)... finally find her,,, in my yard, in a bush!!
Crazy dogs, crazy morning!

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
I've gotten locked out myself more times than I wanna say! The latch on the back door kinda slips over and locks itself, and I've been locked out in my jammies once or twice. We keep our gate locked so I couldn't get out even if I wanted to. Luckily it never happened while I was home alone.......yet!

Chris

Ali_Crazy

Super Boxer
I know how you feel, expect I have a bad habit of locking my keys in my car! When I first bought my car it only had one set and the dealer told me I needed to make some spares just in case. Well I wasn't to worried about it, but needless to say within the first month I had my car I was locked out I think around 6 times! And one time it was while my car was on! I had stopped to get air in my tire and must have hit the lock button while getting out. Now there is like 4 sets of my keys out and about so I'm not stuck w/out any keys!

Ashley

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
Oh I remember years ago I locked myself out. I went out to hang washing out to dry and the patio door locked behind me!

The girls were about 2.5yrs and 10 wks - Billy was only 9wks then.

So there I am outside the patio door looking in on my toddler, my newborn and my puppy - all locked in together!

My hubby had just left to go to London.

I ran as fast as I could to my neighbour and rang hubby's mobile - luckily he had stopped to buy petrol and was only 10 mins away ! phew!

I ran back to the patio window so that I could see them and to my horror Tamsin was carrying Marissa around the room and Billy had done a poo on the carpet.

I couldn't wait for Mark to get back.

All's well that ends well - but I was sooooo careful after that!

Sometimes when we take Chula outside to pee, we just prop the door open because it only takes her a minute or so. The outside door to our apartment building locks automatically, so we try to always grab a set of keys. Well my 15 year old cousin was visiting and had seen us do this but didn't grab a set of keys. Chula got outside and pulled on her leash and the door slammed behind her. My poor cousin was stuck outside in the cold ringing the doorbell for 15 minutes. We couldn't hear it because we were sleeping in the back bedroom.:(

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
I have come VERY close to doing the keys in the car thing... and now after that, I am very very careful about checking to be sure the keys are in my purse before I close the door.

After today, I'll be sure not to leave my mixed breed loose in the house while I'm home alone!

Gretchen B

Super Boxer
My dogs have locked me out of the house before. Somehow, one of them jumps up and hits the deadbolt and there I am! Luckily, I have 2 friends that have keys to the house. It's pretty embarassing to say your dogs have locked you out!

Kristi915

Boxer Pal
Our front door has one of those handles that still turn on the inside if the door is locked. I went out one morning to get the mail and tried to open the door, but...it was locked. I had to slide open one of the windows in the living room and crawl inside. Not even a day later, my dad did the same thing! It's a new door....that's our excuse. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.