What a great girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillyBear

Boxer Booster
O.K. this is kind of long and probably disorganized, but with the school year starting up this week I was really nervous. Since we got Luke, Lilly has gotten mischevious and when left alone for a while, would tear things up. Nothing huge or important, just counter surfing and getting things left within her reach, such as tissues, etc., but definately capable of making a mess. Well I knew I'd have to crate Luke, because he's still so young, but was hoping I could leave my Lilly loose in the house. So, I started a couple of weeks before school started, I'd ask her to sit and tell her I'd have to go, but would be back, and tell her to "leave it". And it worked. She wasn't getting into things. Well, Monday the boys went back to school and I was really worried. I sat her down in the morning and went through the same routine. Told her to leave things. And it's working! I try to go home for lunch, but it's not always possible. When I do, she is sitting by the patio door waiting for me to let them both out, as Luke is in the crate. They run around and play for a while and come back in. When we get home in the evening, someone is usually home by 4:00 or 4:30, everything is in order. I am so incredibly proud of her. I praise her, give her lots of hugs and kisses, and most importantly treats! I've also been walking her in the evening so she is getting her excercise.

But I swear, it's like she can really understand what I'm saying to her. It's amazing. It's just one more reason why I'm so crazy about her. What can I say she's my girl. And not to leave Luke out, he's been doing great in the crate. He'll be one in September and holds it while in the crate. He's praised for doing that as well. He's just not ready to be left loose in the house yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.