1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a difference a year makes! (long)

Discussion in 'Stories' started by natrhymer, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natrhymer

natrhymer Boxer Booster

thanks so much!

Thanks for all the nice compliments on our Dieter. It's true, he does give us sooo much in return for so little. To answer your question Tanya22, we're not sure how old he is... He was so skinny when we got him, we weren't sure if he just needed to gain weight or if he still had some filling out to do. Mid Mich Boxer Rescue figured he was under 1 year old when we adopted him, which would make him about 2 now. Our trainer thought he was older, more like 2-3, and our vet guessed he was about 2 when he first saw him. We just decided he was 1 when we got him and made his adoption day his birthday. Sometimes I think he's quite a bit older because his bones crack a lot when he sits (a question for the vet on our upcoming appt), and he's gotten quite a few new gray hairs on his body. So, who knows?! Come Feb. 7, in general, he'll be 2 years old.

Oh, and, way to educate 'em, Jenni! How long have you had Layla?

2. jaimie

jaimie Boxer Insane

Your post was so touching! I am so glad Dieter has a family like you to love him and cherish him like all animals deserve to be! I am a volunteer with Mid Michigan Boxer Rescue and reading stories like yours puts tears in my eyes. I love hearing stories about how adopted boxers lives have changed.

Jaimie

3. Cindy Creel

Cindy Creel Boxer Insane

I enjoyed reading your post. It brought tears to my eyes when I looked at his picture to think what he looked like when you got him. He is a beautiful dog now thanks to all of you dedication and hard work.

Cindy

4. layla'smommy

layla'smommy Super Boxer

Haha, I try to do all I can! I don't ever feel like I'm doing enough!

I've had Layla now for almost a year and a half. Time absolutely flies! She was very damaged by her previous home, but I have loved watching her blossom lovicon This past year and a half has been, by far, the most fulfilling and challenging of my life. I absolutely cannot imagine a moment without her now. We still have plenty of work to do, but she has still come so far :)

Blessings to you and yours angelicon

Jenni & Layla

5. hudson78

hudson78 Boxer Booster

Great work on adopting Dieter, you couldn't have said it better, until there are none, rescue one.

Nice work!!

6. ljnash

ljnash Boxer Insane

Stories like yours give me hope that Beau will continue to progress and get more and more settled. It makes me so sad to think what our beloved rescues endured before they were rescued.

The fact that they are still able to love and trust humans after the horrible lives they led is amazing.

Congratulations! Your love and patience is paying off! Dieter is a very handsome boy!

Lenore

7. rog1006

rog1006 Completely Boxer Crazy

I just want to thank you for your wonderful example. So many times in rescue the dog messes up a blind or piddles on the floor within the first couple of days and the family that you screened, home inspected, liked and trusted turn cold and call you with the "pick this dog up now" line because of something minor and overall trivial. I appreciate your dedication and love for him and you're the SHINING EXAMPLE of how working through issues makes you happiest in the end! You now have the little silly love bug you hoped for and wouldn't trade him for the world. Wish I could give you a big hug right now....

THANK YOU from all of us in rescue--you are what we hope for when we adopt one of our precious babies out!

Christine
    Boxer Luv Rescue

8. natrhymer

natrhymer Boxer Booster

You're welcome! And THANK YOU for being a rescuer! I know it can be thankless work most of the time, at least from us humans, but the pups know the score...

9. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story! I am glad you shared! You & your family are wonderfully special to stick through this and work with Deiter to make him a great companion. :D

10. BoxerMomof1

BoxerMomof1 Boxer Booster

I cryed. Thats a great rescue tail. Thank you for it and thank you as a rescue vol. and mom to 2 rescue boxers for being a real rescue mom. I'm so glad that you happen to be the one that adopted that poor furbaby and gave him a second chance. You are why I do rescue. To find that person or persons that are going to give that second chance no matter what.

beericon lovicon appicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.