1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're moving accross country!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrystel, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Really think twice.
    I loved my job and my friends back "home" in Texas.
    I should have thought about it more.
    Oregon is AMAZINGLY beautiful! there is No comparison with Texas. But what makes a place and life fun is the people you share your life with...

2. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

It has been a month and a half we are here.. and I still feel like we should move back.. I don't know how to tell my hubby. He is going to think I'm nuts... He had his second thoughts about moving. He had told me "are you sure we are not going to miss everyone?"

Well.. he was right! :(

Now I feel like an idiot. I lost the best job in the world and all of this was my idea. Without me, DH would have stayed in TX with his brother and sister..

ugh.. the feeling of regret sucks :(

On top of that, Snatch almost died last week and being with no one but my hubby is so lonely! All my friends called me. My best friend even cried on the phone with me when Snatch was in the ER.. I don't think I can live without them. My family is back in France and I feel like I need my "support group"

:(

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't give up too easily. I would give it a least 6 months. Look for a good job and try and make friends. Take some classes that interest you. Maybe take Oxy to an obedience class of some sort. You could do some volunteer work.

Good luck!

4. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Thanks! :)

I talked to my DH last night. He feels like me. The most worrisome is the job situation. He is paid less and has more taxes taken out. The highest paid at his job is still less than he used to make in TX (and he wasn't the top in TX).. So he feels like he took a major set back carrier-wise and feels pretty crappy about it.

He also misses his brother, sister and our friends.

We don't regret making the move. In a way, we have seen so much! Cross country and the Pacific Northwest! It is amazing! Plus if we had not done it, we would have always wondered...

But we are ready to move back. He told me to try and secure a job back in TX and we can give our 3 month apartment lease notice to move back "home". I do regret leaving my job.. I don't know what to do about that.. sucks!

5. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

looks like you have both made your decision ... For what its worth I think that deep down you just knew that it was not going to work out,,
    Life is too short to be unhappy and as the saying goes " home is where the heart is "and your is in TX.

6. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Thank you :)

DH just sent me the sweetest text ever.. I love this man lovicon

He said " Hi baby! you know about last night's convo... all the decisions we make, we make together. Bad or good! We should have no regrets. It's a life full of experiences and triumphs and ups and downs. As long as everything we do is together, It's a great decision!! There are no mistakes in life, just GOOD tries. I love you more than the first time we met and always will."

awwwwwww lovicon

7. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Aww! You got one of the good ones! I am sure you are glad to know you are on the same page. As they say on Mythbusters, there are no failures, just opportunities to learn.

8. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Thank you :)
    Now hubby and I need to establish a plan...
    We need to give a 3 month notice to our apartment complex to break the lease... - that will give us 3 month to find a job back in Dallas!

9. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I would contact your old employer and see if they have any openings (Nothing wrong with being hopeful!) or see if they know of any that they can recommend.

10. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

yes. good idea! I think Dh will get his job back.
    In the other hand, they covered my place with a good friend of mine... I will call once DH and I talk this week about a time frame.

Thank you all for your support :) I feel quite stupid changing my mind after wanting to move out of Texas for so long :(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.