1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're moving accross country!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrystel, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Guys!!!
    We are doing it!!

We have been wanting to move out of Texas for a while.. I posted this a while back... (2 years ago!!)
    http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/chit-chat/156571-choosing-new-place-live.html

And now, in 2 weeks, we are moving to Portland, Oregon!!!

appicon

It's a mix feeling of panic, sadness (leaving my friends, my awesome job, my borther in law, my sister in law..).. but also excitement and happiness!!

Now.. it's time to PACK!!!! cool2icon

2. entelekia

entelekia Super Boxer

You'll love Portland! I have a lot of friends that live there/have moved there. It's really beautiful and very dog friendly! The only thing is that it rains quite a bit -- but it makes everything green and lush. :)

Congrats!!

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Wow - congratulations, how exciting!!

4. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

thanks you! :) we have to move within 3 weeks.. it's quite a crazy house right now! especially with Snatch who just underwent surgery.. it's fast, fast, fast packing!!!

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Can't wait to hear about the new adventure!

6. Stub

Stub Completely Boxer Crazy

Congrats!! Was that other thread really two years ago?! I remember reading it! Guess time goes faster than I think - afterall I joined this site because of Gus and he will be THREE in August! How does that happen??? I look forward to seeing how you and the dogs enjoy Portland! It's gorgeous up there. :)

7. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Thanks guys!!! cool2icon

8. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I am excited for you! What a climate change!

Just remember to pack one box that has the essentials in it and keep it in you car with you. Put toilet paper, paper plates, plastic utensils, salt and pepper, paper towels, bedding, towels, soap and aspirin. Plus anything you will need the first night you move into a new place. Since you are going cross country you will have most of your toiletries in your suitcase, but those other necessities are for when you arrive and will need. It is so much easier to have one go to box then having dig thru EVERYTHING! (I have moved more times than I can count. My husband was a reservist and shortly after 9/11 we were moving every 6 months for a few years. As long as he stayed stateside I would have moved more!)

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  9. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Thanks guys and thanks Pam for the idea!!!! "survival box" :)

10. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Don't forget dog supplies in the survival box! Bowl, leashes, food, treats and toys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.