1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wellness Puppy Food and Loose Stool???

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by BoxHead, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoxHead

BoxHead Boxer Pal

I switched from a combination of 50% BilJac Puppy and 50% Eukanuba Lamb and Rice over to Wellness Puppy ( Chicken) approx. 6 weeks ago.

Dempsey my 5 month old female loves it but we have been noticing a much looser stool than when she was on the original diet from our breeder.

Somedays she has all firm formed stools and then other days it's loose to where it is hard to clean up the yard. She's on track as far as her weight and looks great.

Has anyone else noticed this with thw Wellness Puppy food? I hate to switch her again because of the loose stool.

Could it be that the Wellness puppy food is to rich??

I plan to switch her over to adult food in 2 months and was hoping to stick with the Wellness Adult Chicken thinking that the adult food contains less protien and fat which will hopefully stop the loose stool problem.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

2. Tucker's_mom

Tucker's_mom Super Boxer

How much are you feeding her? I would guess it probably is a little rich for her, so cut back on the amount you give her each day. I know it's gross, but check her stools to see if they're getting more firm. Once they firm up a bit you can gradually start adding more to the amount you're feeding her. Then once they start to get loose again, you go back to the last amount that she had "normal" stools with and just gradually increase as she gets larger.

I think wellness puppy only comes in one "flavor", but you might also try buying a small bag of the Wellness Super 5 Mix Lamb and see if she doesn't do better on it since she's already used to lamb in her diet. It doesn't really make a difference if she's on puppy food or not as long as she's getting the nutrition she needs. Besides we switched off of puppy food at 6 months anyways, so what's one month going to hurt?

Good luck. We fed Innova for a while and had those really loose stools that were IMPOSSIBLE to clean up, so we switched to Wellness. I think my babies like it even more, plus it smells better to me too (blueberries, yum ;) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.