1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Home Penny!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by marciafinn, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

You're an angelicon for rescuing this baby!!!! :) Glad she is adjusting so well!!! Keep us posted! :)

2. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Well, it has been a week and Miss Penny is doing great. She loves the freedom that she and Mason get to go outside. They have been outside sunning themselves on the deck this morning. We're off to the holistic vet on Monday to get her a good check-up. I bought her the cutest collar, but bought the wrong size...oops. ;) I am going to try and take more pics this weekend and get them posted...

3. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Hi Mason, Marcia and Penny,

Glad you have had a lovely morning, Saska has been a long walk, still cowering as the lorrys go past....but she knows it worth it to get to the fields........... where she runs like a two year old !!!! ( she will be 8 in August) , since being owned by her for only a fortnight.... well like your Penny.... she is just a little gem. She is outside sunning herself, until she realizes her mum has come inside.

Hope all goes well at the vets, we have to take Saska and ask about getting her spayed !!!! (her child bearing days are over....I bet she thinks thank goodness) . Look forward to seeing more photos.....

Love Pammyjean and Saska

4. totallyhip

totallyhip Boxer Insane

Congratulations!!! I am happy that you rescued Penny.

Wish you all the best!

5. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

Welcome Penny. :) I am so happy you have such a wonderful home now. You are beautiful.

You know, both of mine are rescues. I feel there is a special bond there. Particularly with my male. Mabye because Zoe is more independent and was only 10 months when we got her. Flash is a very sweet dog anyway but, possibly because Flash was older and was in really bad shape after being left behind for Hurricane Katrine resulting in nobody coming home to get him. He is still easily spooked to this day, hence the name Flash. He is out of a room in a "flash" at the slighest noise or movement that he is unsure of.

I love puppies, but I believe we will always have rescues, it is rewarding for us as well as the dog. Congratulations on Penny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.