1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Home Penny!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by marciafinn, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Introducing Penny: 5 year old fawn female rescue.

Penny has been with our family since Saturday and is doing great! We introduced Mason and Penny Saturday afternoon. Mason figured we brought a new friend home to play. He was concerned at bedtime when Penny came into our room to go to bed - he looked at us like, 'isn't she supposed to be leaving now?'.

Sunday was beautiful here in Rhode Island. We were able to allow Mason and Penny to play in the back yard all day while we did yard work, etc. It was a great way to allow Penny to get to know everyone at her own pace. She is great with the kids - she keeps going up to them for attention. She keeps giving them kisses or a paw. After Sunday Mason and Penny are like long lost siblings and it is as if she has always been a member of our family. I was able to get a quick pic of them yesterday. (I uploaded it tonight & Penny is in the front in the picture).

More updates to come...

I hope that Penny feels like she is a member of the family. We are so happy with her and do not think we could have found a better match for our family.

2. dafzichu

dafzichu Completely Boxer Crazy

I was wondering how everything went on Saturday.

I am so happy to hear the adjustment is going brilliantly! I hope she brings you many years of love and companionship.

3. Boxer_21

Boxer_21 Boxer Insane

Congrats on your addition! I can't wait to see photos and hear all about how she does. My next baby will be a rescue, I can just imagine the feeling you have knowing that you're giving a good quality home to a dog in need. It must be very rewarding, but I'm sure it's nothing like the feeling they have when they realize that they finally have a nice, loving home! :)

4. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

It took a few days to post since we were so busy getting to know one another. I also wanted to get at least one pic to post. ;) I still cannot believe that one, someone gave up this great girl, and two, she was almost euthanized before the rescue was able to get her out of the shelter. We do have some work to do with the leash, but other than that she is perfect. I will send some more updates soon! :)

5. mybubbieroo

mybubbieroo Boxer Insane

Congratulations! She's beautiful! lovicon What a wonderful blessing for Penny, and your family.

6. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

They make a great pair! Congratulations she sounds like a doll :)

7. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Congratulations and Welcome Penny..... Lovely photo.... look forward to hearing more stories about Penny and Mason.

Pammyjean and Saska

8. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

Welcome home Penny appicon Both of your babies are beautiful! Bless you and your family for giving her another chance at a great life :)

9. Valantar

Valantar Boxer Insane

Congratulations! I am really happy to hear that Penny is adjusting well. Thank you for adopting one of our wonderful rescues! :)

10. Slobberchops

Slobberchops Boxer Insane

Glad to hear Penny has fit in so wellappicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.