1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird eye issue

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by rayandsarah, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayandsarah

rayandsarah Completely Boxer Crazy

Rowdy's third eyelid started covering his left eye about an hour ago. It was red and watery too. I gave him some benadryl and it seems to have helped some. It's not covering his eye but you can still see it. His eye is still watery and he seems to be winking. I took him to the lake yesterday to run and swim. Last year when I took him he had little red bumps all over his chest. He was allergic to something he came in contact with. Could his eye be an allergy as well? If it was an allergy wouldn't have started right away? Would it only happen in one eye? His eye isn't swollen. The only other thing I could think of is that it was poked while he and Capone were wrestling this morning.

2. Stub

Stub Completely Boxer Crazy

Is the third eyelid swelled up? Sounds like it might be cherry eye. Gus's brother had that a couple months ago, it requires surgery to fix.

3. rayandsarah

rayandsarah Completely Boxer Crazy

No it's not swollen. I googled cherry eye but it doesn't look like that. Just red and covered half his eye. I've been giving him benedryl and it's looking better but not back to normal.

4. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

maybe a start of eye infection?

5. johann

johann Boxer Insane

I bet it is from allergies if the benedryl helped it at all. Another thought is that he scratched it somehow. If it's not better in the AM, I'd try to find a vet to see him. Eye issues aren't something to mess around with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.