1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by JOHN STELLING, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone tell me how to determine how much my boxers will weigh when they are full grown? I have a Male fawn 9 months old and he weighs 57LBS, and I have a female brindle 15 weeks that weighs 18LBS. How big should I expect these guys to get? There seem to be tremendous variations in a boxers size. What is a good rule of thumb?

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

Wait until they're full grown......:)

Seriously, every Boxer grows differently, it's impossible to tell how much they'll weigh when they're finished. I've seen pups that you'd swear would be giants when they're full-grown, end up at 65 lbs., and small pups that finish up at 80+. The "standard" weight is about 65-75 lbs. for males, 50-60 lbs. for females, but the US breed standard has no weight provision.

3. None-removed

None-removed Guest

Just thought I'd share my experience. Baxter is 8.5 months and weighs in at 64 pounds. When I brought him home he weighed scarcely 3 pounds, and at 3 months still only weighed 20. At about 4 months, he hit a growth spurt that hasn't stopped yet. :)
    So much for being the runt. :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.