1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss and the right food

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by ts2cuties, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ts2cuties

ts2cuties Boxer Pal

Hi everyone - I've been trying to read all these posts but it is really overwhelming...!

(update ) Max (7yr old male) was ill this spring and loss a ton of weight - but then got healthy again...thank god. The problem now is that he has loss (guesstamation) 7-10lbs in the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately - due to personal situations I can not afford to spend another $600 to figure out what the problem is. I did get a urine sample to his vet (as the last problem was bladder/kidney infection and e-coli) of course the sample was CLEAN!! Back to square one, so I have been reading what everyone recommends for food - hoping that if I find the right food, that will take care of the weight loss.

So I went to Petsmart and got a bag of Adult Blue.......... it seems like whom ever is using it - they like it. Max is currently 65 lbs and really should be about 73-75lbs. He does not do well with switching food - so I have to do the gradual change.

If anyone else can give me some additional thoughts on this - I would GREATLY appreciate it .

2. ts2cuties

ts2cuties Boxer Pal

Hi -- I was just reading my post and I messed it up..........I meant to say I was feeding him Adult Buffalo Blue .............

I see there is already a post for this dog food - so I'll go there.

Thanks

Tina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.