1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weight issue

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by jcam, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcam

jcam Boxer Pal

Hello everyone, my dog is 15 months old and for the past 4 months or so he has been varying between 65-68 lbs. is this normal? is my boxer done gaining weight? also he is about 24.5 inches if that's any help.

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Seems right on target with a not quite done filling out male.
    He may or may not gain a few pounds but you will notice additional muscle development and the chest tends to drop/fill out as well up to as much as 3 years of age.
    My female is the same height at 24.5 inches (tall for a female) and she is closing in on 50-something pounds. Not sure of exact weight but carrying her lately has been more of a chore than it was last month. She is nearly 18 months old and her chest isn't doing anything yet and she looks like she is walking around on stilts!

3. CrazyCharlie

CrazyCharlie Completely Boxer Crazy

I'd say you're on target. He has yet to fill out. You'll notice a change when he does. hehe. Charlie went from 65lbs to 70 the finished at 80lbs, just before he turned 3 years.

4. Wigglebutzzz

Wigglebutzzz Boxer Pal

Gracie girl

My boxer Gracie is built didn't from my boxer that passed last yer. Gracie just turned 2 years old. She is very tall. My vet days she's under weight and it's a concern. She was weighted on Tuesday she is 51 pounds. You can see her ribs and is very muscular. I'm putting back on puppy food and some other weight gain supplements. Do people think I starve my dog? I'm highly concerned throwing extra food and treats in the mix. Do you guys have any suggestions? I just need some support here. I wil try just about anything .
    oh I forgot Gracie goes doggie daycare 5 days and is fed once and given a frosty paws also during the day. hhhhhhheeeeellllpppp

Thanks,
    Heather & Patrick Moore
    Gracie floppy fawn
    Chloe floppy fawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.