We have a new addition!!! Rescue pup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiGem

Super Boxer
Hi BoxerWorld!
I have been away from the site for too long! I’ve missed you all! My Loki boy is doing great and he will be turning 7 years old this June! I can’t believe it!!! I am going to be needing boxerworld’s comfort, wisdom, and support again to help us out with our new rescue girl…
“Ginger” was a pet store puppy for 5 months and likely from a puppy mill. A family purchased her, but soon realized that they were unprepared for the work that goes into raising a boxer puppy. Ginger was crated for 10-12 hours a day in her previous home. :(
Loki got along with the new pup right away. We have renamed her, Juno! appicon She is submissive and learns quickly from Loki’s cues and corrections. Juno has spent almost all of her young life in a crate and we are not surprisingly seeing signs of separation anxiety. Juno will have to be crated no more than 2-3 hours at a time for a total of 5 hours a day max, but she cannot stand to be alone! She is fine when she is crated overnight as long as she is near the bed and can see her people. BTW, Loki is never crated anymore; He is an angel in the house and has full run of it.
I will be looking for suggestions to help Juno become more comfortable in her new home and any advice to help ease her anxiety… Overall, I am confident that Juno will adjust in time. She has the best big boxer brother a pup could have and she is finally in a forever home (with years of boxer experience!)
I am looking forward to becoming a more active member of Boxerworld again! I don’t know how I ever would have survived raising my Loki without you guys! lovicon
Love,
Kim, Loki & baby Juno

sargboxerluv

Completely Boxer Crazy
Congratulations on your new baby and thank you for saving this wonderful pup. I didn't get my boxer as a puppy, so I have no advice for you. When I rescued my girl at 1 year old, she had reallt bad seperation anxiety. After 2 weeks of our routine, she calmed down a lot, but she still scratches and whines at the door if I go outside. She has to be crated or she'd probably tear my door down. She is fine in the crate. Best wishes and boxer kisses for the new pup.

Widges

Completely Boxer Crazy
Congratulations on your new pup. No advice as Billy was 2 when we rescued him - although we did treat him as a pup with regards to house training! Can you post some pics please - I just love looking at other peoples pets.

LokiGem

Super Boxer
Thanks!!! I have uploaded a couple new pix of Juno, but I think it takes a bit before they are posted... Don't worry the pix are coming! Juno looks almost exactly like Loki. They have nearly identical markings! I have had Loki since he was 8 weeks old so he has never been as skinny as Juno is! She will plump up soon!:p

WAT

Boxer Insane
Congrats on your addition! Can't wait to see her pics!
I see you are from Bucks County...where abouts?? I am originally from Warminster :)

LokiGem

Super Boxer
I am having some trouble uploading pix... I think I need a refresher course, but I will get there! LOL!
Loki & Juno are getting along great so far! Lots of playing! They have been rolling around my house like a growling, boxing tornado occasionally knocking over furniture, but no harm! foolicon
Loki does tire of her puppy bites sometimes and he has let her know. Juno learns from Loki very quickly which is great!
So far so good! Juno is eating like a little piggy (and she snores like one too!)
I will work on the pix! Thanks for all the comments and well wishes!

Wendy- I live in Doylestown!

SweetCody

Boxer Insane
Congrats appicon on your new addition. I'm sure she is settling in and very happy in her new forever home.
I seem to have issues posting pictures as well. Good luck and I hope to see some pictures soon.

WAT

Boxer Insane
My brother had a doctor in Doylestown that he saw weekly and my Mom and I would go to the 5 & 10, think it was either Ben Franklin or Murphys (?), they had a soda counter and we would get shakes or floats and wait for him to finish. This was back in the 70's - guess I am dating myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.