1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We got our new kitten...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by BoxerMoments, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoxerMoments

BoxerMoments Super Boxer

So yesterday we picked up our new ragdoll kitten (haven't come up with a name yet) and Dakota is obsessed with the kitten. We were going to make sure we gave extra attention to Dakota but he didn't want it.. he just wanted to watch the new addition. As of right now the kitten has claimed the kids playroom as his favorite room, which works out good because Dakota has never stepped foot in that room and that's the only room he was never allowed in. The kids are also happy with the kitten being in there. The two haven't had too much interaction but Dakota is dying to play with him. Dakota seems to be listening pretty good when we tell him to "leave it" and just to lay down and relax but if the kitten gets going running around so does he. Dakota also didn't want to go to sleep last night and whined for quite some time in "his room". We blocked the kitten into the playroom for the night so he wouldn't get into anything. I found him this morning curled up between a couple big stuffed animals.

I had cats growing up but this is the first cat that I've ever had to take full care of myself and I think my main obstacle is keeping the boxer from squishing the ragdoll with his gaint paws or licking him to death! :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Congrats to your new addition :) I would love to see some pictures!

3. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

I second that - pictures please! Bella loves to chase our outdoor cat when she comes in at night. She's a year old but still not much bigger than a kitten. Bella has no respect for the fact that she has claws (unlike the inside cat) but Macy Grey has never used them on her. Just wait until Dakota gets his first bop on the nose!

4. BoxerMoments

BoxerMoments Super Boxer

I'll post some pictures soon! I haven't had much time to sit down and do anything... Still the only thing Dakota wants to do is play with the kitty and doesn't want to do anything else.. not even go outside. We've taken him outside and he'll run around for a couple minutes then just whines at the gate to come back in, even with us out there trying to play with him. He tries to sneak up on the kitten and mostly smell him and lick him.. then he get really excited and wants to play which usually results in the kitty running back out into the play room where Dakota can't go. We haven't come up with a name for him yet, but I'll post pictures hopefully today and maybe get some suggestions? The kids have been coming up with some, we'll just say, interesting names.. haha! :)

5. BoxerMoments

BoxerMoments Super Boxer

OK here's a couple pictures of our new kitten I took with my phone..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took a while to get the pictures posted because we have a lot going on and they're not the greatest pictures but it's some.

Dakota has relaxed a little with the kitty and they get along great. They even play together a little. The kitten has also decided he will only drink out of Dakota's water but Dakota doesn't seem to mind and quite a few times they'll drink at the same time. The kitten ends up soaked but it's cute to watch! :)

6. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

How cute!!! lovicon

7. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

She's beautiful!

8. johann

johann Boxer Insane

So cute!
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.