1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We FINALLY got our boy!!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by xpurplerainx, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpurplerainx

xpurplerainx Boxer Booster

Ok...so I had Boxers when I was young and we wanted to get one for our little girl who just turned 2 on Aug. 7th. I decided I wanted to adopt instead of buying a puppy. I've looked and looked through Boxer Rescues. Most not wanting to adopt to us because our little girl is udner 5...even though she "hangs out" with a Great Dane, Lab mix, Beagles, etc. on a DAILY basis. Well we had put in our application at the local animal shelter last Sat. low and behold they called me today and had a full blooded Boxer!

We get to pick him up tomorrow. He was an owner surrender because they didn't have "time" for him which is obvious by the looks of his nails and how dry his coat is! He is a 1yr old plain fawn male w/ natural ears and a docked tail. He fell in love with my little girl instantly. The feeling was deffinantly mutual!! His name is "Blaze" but we'll probably change it. He doesn't look like a Blaze to me. LOL

I'm so glad to be a part of adopting an unwanted pet. It's like the old saying goes..."one mans trash is another mans treasure"! For all the others who adopt or foster ANY animal....a big thank you goes out! I'll post a picture once i figure out why I'm not allowed to post attachments. Ha!

2. JaredKyah

JaredKyah Boxer Booster

Congratulations on your new family addition. fiestaicon
    I am sure your daughter will be thrilled to have her own full time playmate. You probably have a lot of things to do to keep you busy between now and tomorrow to get ready for "Blaze", which is a good thing, otherwise the time may go by much too slow. Good Luck

3. TracyandSam

TracyandSam Completely Boxer Crazy

Congrats to you and your family! Your daughter now has a faithful companion and the best friend she will ever know! I rescued also, and there is no better feeling in the world! Welcome home Blaze (have you changed his name yet?)

4. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

Congratulations - looking forward to seeing some photos. Our Sophie was a rescue and we have so far had 8 great years with her - I hope everything works out with Blaze!

5. kljarvis

kljarvis Boxer Insane

Another angel has come to the rescue! Congrats to you and your family, and way to go "Blaze"!

6. xpurplerainx

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcomes and wishes!
    I'm a stay at home mama so this fella will DEFFINANTLY get plenty of attention and spoiling!
    We went to Petsmart last night and spent almost $200.00 on bedding, food, toys, grooming supplies, treats, etc. It adds up eh? LOL! It's ok though I really enjoyed spending the money. I'm sitting here patiently waiting until 4:30 when I can go pick him up. A little under 5 hrs. to go! I'll make sure I get some new pictures of him soon!
    Thanks again ya'll!

7. stellasmom

stellasmom Super Boxer

Wow! Congrats!!!!!

8. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

You can't post attachments but you can click on your gallery button and post pics in your gallery. Just read the size and file name rules. Can't wait to see pics of the new boy. Thank you so much for rescuing him.

9. xpurplerainx

Oh thanks for explaingin the gallery thingie to me. I'm still not too great figuring this technologic mumbo jumbo out. Ha!! I have been taking pictures of him all weekend, so I will post some in my gallery later. Thanks again!

10. AJsMom

AJsMom Super Boxer

Congrats!!!! That's awesome. I hate that some rescues rule out great families because of small children. I'm SOO glad our rescue didn't do that to us. AJ loves his skin brothers and they love him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.