Water Obsession

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
So our 14 week old Fiona is obsessed with drinking water. I can only put a little in her bowl at once or she will just drink the whole lot and throw up (she does this at puppy kindy too as they just have big buckets for them to drink out of). Potty time takes forever as all she wants to do is lick the dew off the grass/lawn furniture/kids bikes etc. Is this normal? Is she likely to grow out of this? The lick lick lick is driving me crazy, especially at 2am when its freezing and I just want her to go poo so we can go inside rolleyesicon

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
She does seem to be a bit obsessed with water. Have you talked to your vet about it.. I have certainly heard about dogs that drink so much that they then throw up.. Some dogs will certainly drink more water than others. I think they will eventually learn not to drink too much at once. She is still very much a puppy. I would definitely talk to you vet about it. Just to rule out any health issues..

You could try putting a basket muzzle on her when you take he out, so that she can't lick the grass.

Good luck!

garvinsmum

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well it looks like she has grown out of it. She has now moderated her water intake so she doesn't drink every drop every time, and only licks a small patch of the yard. Possibly it being very cold has helped with this! So that is one less thing to worry about!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Glad to hear that she seems to have grown out of it. :)