WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
If I stuck this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.
I was in WalMart yesterday to pickup a few things. I am now seeing them carrying some inexpensive meats. They had beef cheek meat, cow tongue,tripe(I know not to buy it there thanks to you guys) pork necks. Could they be getting this in for people who feed raw? Just thought I'd let you all know. It was in the part where meat is, not frozen.

BetsyB

Boxer Insane
Our Walmart supercenter always carries these kinds of meats. I guess Southerners are more apt to buy them/use them for themselves! At any supermarket here you find beef heart, beef tongue, pigs feet, a variety of livers, chitlins, tripe (just say NO to white tripe ;) chicken livers/gizzards/hearts, chicken necks, turkey necks, pork necks, etc... I just tell myself when I see these items in other shopper's carts, that they are buying them for their dogs! :) I NEVER saw any of these things when I lived in VT...

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
Sometimes I buy pork neck to cook for Bayleigh. There can be quite a bit of meat on them. I have also bought beef liver. I have wondered about beef tongue. Is that considered a muscle meat?

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
We have a Giant supermarket that carries the pigs feet and chicken liver, but never seen the liver,kidney etc at Walmart. Glad they are carrying it though. I did pick up some of the beef cheek meat to slowly add to his food. I am going to pick up a pork neck today, since I've read the archives that they can have pork necks. I also have a slaughter house about 4 miles from me, but I still have to call them. Procrastination gets you nowhere :(

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
I do believe the tongue is considered muscle. But not too sure. I was going to get one at Walmart yesterday, but they want $10 for one. I will just wait for my friends to slaughter their cow and get that one. I will probably cut it into 2 or 3 pieces since cow tongue is pretty big. I used to give them to my other dog (now at the bridge) and he loved it. I also would give him pigs feet. I will eventually give them to Tyson also.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Well, got him some pork neck yesterday evening. He was in heaven!! It lasted him about an hour, but it wasn't a huge piece. Put them in the freezer to last him longer. Also found chicken gizzards there. Who knew Walmart?? that is just a store I love to hate.

MaggienDeuce

Boxer Booster
Yes, Walmart is great. We buy all of our meat there as they have the best prices in town. Unfortunately the meat has gone up with all the other grocery prices. We usually get chicken leg 1/4s by the case, pork neckbones, beef liver, chicken gizzard/heart mix, and whatever cheap stuff they have on the markdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.