1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walmart Meaty Knuckle Bone?

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Silverfox, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Silverfox

Silverfox Boxer Pal

I tried searching but didn't come up with much:

My Bruno doesn't seem too interested in stuffed toys or non-edible toys. He gives up pretty quickly if he can't immediately get some satisfaction (lazy puppy.) He's six months old and 60 pounds so I've noticed he's starting to demolish pig ears, bully sticks, and other types of bones pretty rapidly. The only thing I've found that he can continually get some enjoyment out of that will last a long time are these "Meaty Knuckle" bones from Walmart. At only $5 a piece they last for at least weeks of off-and-on gnawing (currently gnawing on it probably two hours or more a day) Has anyone heard anything bad about these or have better ideas for me? I bring him to work with me daily so he needs something to keep him busy for extended periods of time!

2. Bathel

Bathel Super Boxer

I wouldn't feed a cooked bone to a dog... Raw bones CAN be fine, but I don't think any bone you're buying off the self at Walmart is raw...

Here is some info you can read if you'd like.

Bones Can Kill Your Dog So Find Out which Ones are Safe

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

As Bathel said the bones are probably cooked. Feeding cooked bones is never a good idea. :(

A raw meaty knuckle bone would be fine.