Vommiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillyBear

Boxer Booster
Our Luke is sick. He began vomiting about last Thursday and we saw the vet last Friday. They took some X-rays and determined there was no obstruction or nothing lodged anywhere. Gave hima shot for the nausea and some bland dog food to help. I thought he was getting better or seemed to be when we feed him in very small portions. This morning he had one can of the prescribed Iams dog food with a little of his usual Taste of the Wild dry and up it all came again. We have another appt with the vet tomorrow morning and managed to get a stool sample to her today. I can hear his poor tummy making all kinds of gurgalling noises.

I don't know what could be wrong and am beginning to get really worried. He was on Comfortis for about three or four months but he got so sick from taking it that I stopped giving it to him in June.

ROROSHELTON

Super Boxer
no more dog food, it's hard on their stomach. boil up some chicken and rice, no seasonings or anything. small amts of it, bland and much easier on their stomach. try just 1/2C and see if it'll stay down. is he drinking water at least? watch out for diarrhea next if the stomach is making lots of noises. did they draw blood last time? look for pancreatitis? boxers are famous for it. anything like human food or too many treats?! the crap in the can the vets prescribe is awful stuff, read the label, and i know it's expensive. boiled chicken and rice or boiled ground beef and potato's is alot easier on their stomach until they get past what's going on. but your vet needs to do some blood work to start with and check for pancreatitis. if hes not drinking water, not good, he'll get dehydrated and will need IV fluids. good luck with your vet visit. let us know what happened!

hurleygirl

Boxer Booster
Try Pepto bismol. Works for me when my LuKu has bouts of nausea. Put a crushed Pepto tablet in a little peanut butter--magic!

LillyBear

Boxer Booster
Thanks guys. It turns out Luke has Giardia. His appetite isn't that great right now so I'm a little worried about that.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Poor Luke! I agree about the bland diet of chicken and rice or if you want to stay grain free you can do chicken and potatoes. (regular or sweet) I hope Luke is feeling better soon! Sending lot of healthy (((vibes))) to him.

jsluvmypets

Boxer Pal
Re: vomiting could be allergies

My friend’s dog was vomiting every night and they finally figured out he was allergic to all potatoes, which are in a lot of dog food. I didn’t know vomiting was a sign of allergies in dogs, but apparently it is. Have you tried eliminating potatoes from his diet? My friend feeds her dog Natural Balance LID Legume & Duck Meal and swears by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.