1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vomiting & Diarrhea????!!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by owensmj, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owensmj

owensmj Boxer Pal

We have a Mama Dog w/ 5 week old puppies that are almost fully weaned. She only feeds them 1 time a day. Over the past week and 1/2, she's had diarrhea, not everyday, but once every other day. In the past week, since going on medication for the diarrhea, she's also been vomiting. She does not vomit everyday, it's every other day, but the days she does vomit, she vomits multiple times. We've been to the vet, but he doesn't have a clue, so he put her on medicine for the Diarrhea, but she just ends up vomiting it up. Have any of you ever had this problem???? I can't find any info in our "breeding" books and literature about this problem. HELP!!

2. frankied

frankied Boxer Insane

Do you have a mentor breeder that is guiding you to ask? Or perhaps get a second vet opinion? You definitely do not want to have her get dehydrated and also insure that the meds you are giving are safe for nursing pups. My "breeder" gave the Mother dog meds while still nursing and it ended up costing ME as my pup came home ill since the meds should not have been given to a nursing mother :(

Good luck and I hope she is feeling better soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.