1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vet visit with our found stray

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Nemeia, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemeia

Nemeia Boxer Booster

Ok, so we took "Bruno" to a vet today. (He's the one we found on Saturday) Aside of having a kennel cough and a 1-2 heart murmour he is fine. We figured he's about 3 years old. He weights in at 56.9lbs and is as happy as ever.
    I did talk to the breeder that we have Max from. She's going to make a few calls to see if she could locate the breeder that Bruno came from. I gave her the chip number and all. She's going to get back to me soon, so I'm going to know more then.
    Right now he's with us. If we won't be able to locate his owner or find him a good house... he's probably going to stay with us. I can't only hope that I'll be able to handle two boxers in a apartment building!

Oh by the way... I found another stray today haha. He was a Chow and I called Animal Control to come and pick him up. I can't afford to bring another dog home and fome some reason they just seem to find me. Hey, I think I should have Animal Control on my speed dial, eh?

2. Paper-Dogg13

Paper-Dogg13 Boxer Insane

You sound just like me. I have the hardest time saying no to animals in need. Over the weekend my boyfriend's roommate came in the house all upset cause one of their neighbors was getting rid of his pit bull. He'd asked Jon if he wanted it cause if he didn't he was going to give him to some people he knew (in a gang) who wanted him for fighing. Well of course we we all upset by this so we brought him to the house to see how he got along with my boy and my bf's girl. So far so good, the new pit, Tuffy, is getting neutered next week, and if he and Charlie Paper do ok after that, he gets to stay, if not we'll find him a forever home. We're keeping our fingers crossed that his forever home will be with us, but "The Monkey" comes first. (I uploaded a picture of him, he's way cute! It's pending approval.)

3. FrogsMom

FrogsMom Banned

Thank you so much for loving this baby. I am so glad you had him checked by the vet and looked for a chip. I was reading your other thread and have been looking for the follow-up. I hope someone as wonderful as you has found/finds Frog. Well they aren't as wonderful seeing as they didn't check for a chip. I hope that everything works out for you with this baby! Good luck!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.