Very Sad Night :( (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
if anyone ever wondered if it is possible to type and cry at the same time, I'm proving it is! I just took Mack back to his mommy. The little guy did not make it easy, of course, he sat on my lap the whole 30 mile drive there. The moment we walked inside though, I was convicted I made the right choice. He ran right in, licked the breeder Carol, then ran right to his mommy and brothers and started playing. It was the best possible thing that could have happened.

When i went to say goodbye and picked him up he was like 'hey put me down my bros are down there! We are playing!' I gave him a kiss and started to walk away and he barked at me, put his paws up on the play pen fence and when I petted him he licked my hand as if to say 'its okay Dad, you tried and look! I'll be okay!'

Of course I bawled the whole way home and am trying to hold it in here at starbucks.

Thank you all for your encouraging and understanding words. I promise you have not heard or seen the last of me, a boxer is in my future for sure. I'll roam these boards to keep him in my memories and give me somethign to look forward to in a few years. Thank you all.

ps- i did teach him to sit last night :) Just so when he does it in the future he can be like "See what my first daddy taught me!"

You certainly brought a tear to my eye! :( But I have to commend you on your decision! It's good that you realized what was best for both of you at this time. There's no doubt you'll miss Mack; but at least you know that he's back in good hands! Good luck with your ministry and I know you'll be a great Boxer daddy some day! Hugs to you!

K8IE

Boxer Insane
I am really sorry. Don't really know what else to say, but I know that it had to be really hard to make the decision you did. It was the most unselfish thing you could have done even though it was heartbreaking. I wish you the best with your job and new path. :)

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
My heart goes out to you, I know what a hard and painful decision this was (been there in the past) but be encouraged, you did the right thing! Some boxer in the future is going to be so happy to have you as his dad, and its obvious that he will be very well cared for, you put his well being before your own happiness! Way to go, and hang in there, we will be sending comfort and wiggles your way!

BXRBESTFRIND

Super Boxer
When I first Joined this Forum I didnt have a boxer yet but a good friend of mine had just gotten a puppy, I took it upon myself to help my friend raise his pup. Me and Arnie got very close i used to take care of him at least once a week i taught him to walk on a leash and how to destroy toys(I was especially proud of that one)

When Arnie was 8 mons my friend decided his life was changing to much and could no longer spend the time needed to own a dog responisbly. Very quickly he found a home hours away that where looking for a pup and had a very good setup to care for a boxer boy. Stay at home mom Kids 2 other dogs and a big backyard. At the time I felt Betrayed by my friend that he didnt try hard enough to make it work...... then I had a conversation with another friend who is a big animal lover she helped me realize that even though he rushed in and got a puppy without looking to the future He did the responsible thing and knew that the dog would be better off in a different home.

I havent told this story here because it is still difficult for me to accept. But I know that Arnie has a better life than he did and thats enough to make me smile. I just wanted you to know that ive been in a very similar situation and that you made the best possible decision for your pup by putting your personal wants aside and did what was in the best interest of your pup. Good For You, when the time is right a new boxer will come into your life and it will make you that much more satisfied and fullfilled.

croikee

Boxer Buddy
Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts and most of all, your understanding. There is a thread around here about a 'rant' on people who give their puppies back that came out the same night I posted about Mack. It was painful to read because I felt thats exactly what I did, although Mack is not a rescue but at his mommy's house again. Whehter that thread was made in response to mine or not I don't know, but it did make me think.

As I've lived life the past few days and thought more, I've been convicted that I made the right decision for mack. My heart sinks when I go into my room and the outline of his crate is still next to my bed smashed into the carpet, but I also rest easy knowing that crate was not his home for 8 hours during the day.

Hopefully you all know my track record the past many months and how much I did research and look into this. I really appreciate you all understanding and supporting. That is enough about me, though. Our thoughts go out to Mack and that the perfect home opens up for him. If anyone is in Washington...Mack is an awesome puppy and going to grow up into the best boy! But remember, I taught him to sit ;)

Slobberchops

Boxer Insane
Hugs for you in making this difficult decision,I can only repeat the thoughts of the others that have replied,and say that you have done the right thing by Mack,in ensuring he gets the attention he deserves,not that he didn't get that from you.After all,you taught him to sitappicon
You will be in the right situation one day to have another Boxer puppy,and you will make a terrific Dad,whether it's fur or skin:)
Keep in touch with the rest of us please:)Waldo sends a special kiss:)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I don't really think that the 'rant' post was aimed at you. I think it is more about people that get a puppy without due thought. Don't bother to train it properly and when it gets difficult to live with they just throw it away like a piece of garbage. You didn't do that. You did the responsible thing and I know it broke your heart to do it. Max is still a young puppy and I am sure that the breeder will find a wonderful home for Max. One day the time will be right and you will be able to get another boxer.

Take care!

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
Ah, I know you are hurting very much right now but like someone commented you will make a great boxer owner when the time is right. This breed needs a lot more attention and exercise than most breeds. You made the right choice. I know it wasn't easy and you will always be his first daddy. You loved him so much that you made the best choice for him. That just shows what a great person you are. Take care.

ELubas

Boxer Insane
Hopefully you all know my track record the past many months and how much I did research and look into this. I really appreciate you all understanding and supporting. That is enough about me, though. Our thoughts go out to Mack and that the perfect home opens up for him. If anyone is in Washington...Mack is an awesome puppy and going to grow up into the best boy! But remember, I taught him to sit ;)

He will find his forever home and when the time is right you will find the dog meant to be with you. I really think there is a dog out there that needs you and these things always happen for a reason. And every time Mack sits your voice will be in his ear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.