Very mad with Disney, Why are they doing this again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ona

Boxer Booster
The movie 102 Dalmations.
Does anyone remember the RUSH that Dalmation owners had for Dal. pups when the first movie came out. Every kid wanted one of these cute spotted pups that where on the big screen.
BYBs started to pop out pups faster than they could count the $$$ and then the over-run SPCA's and other shelters had a bunch of unruley, deaf, bundles of joy...a Dalmation puppy. Because Dalmations are a hyper breed the kids that cried to get one for CHRISTMAS (good timing again Disney) cried to their parents to give it away. They (Disney) are creating another drive for Dalmation puppies. Not only, they (Disney) are also creating a poor dog! Beause of the gene pool. Dalmations are known to be deaf, bad hips and snappy. We all know the reasons I am ranting,we are all dog lovers and I would hope not see ANY breed get but through what the Dalmations are going through again.
Does this make any sense?

I wish that I knew of production of this movie when it started. I would have tryied to stop it with petitions. And I would only hope that all of you would have stood behind me.

Ona
a let down diseny lover

kitten

Boxer Booster
I love disney but I can see your point. its much better when they use a shelter or homeless dog like in lady and the tramp. I would sign the petition

------------------
mom of....
D'artagnan: semi-flashy fawn male croped and docked 12/4/99
Aramis: flashy brindal docked, we are leaveing him with natural ears! 7/8/00

Linda

Boxer Insane
I agree... but only to an extent.
I hate to see the hype over a breed that pushes it into poor and overbreeding! But I don't think it's fair to blame Disney.

I think people have to take some responsibility and accountability and not blame these things on movies, media, or Disney!

The general population has to have the knowledge (or be given the knowlege) not to purchase a puppy just because it's cute in a movie or their kids beg for one. I'm sure Disney will provide lots of movie-related merchandise, so people can buy stuffed dalmations! :D

My kids think Jack Russell Terriers are cute because of Wishbone and My Dog Skip, but I've explained they are NOT the breed for us. (And we have 2 dogs already.)

The fact is, there will always be ignorant, irresponsible people in this world, and we shouldn't have to adjust everything to accommodate them.

Personally I love Disney movies, and especially the ones about dogs! :)

Oh, and I think the dalmations in this movie are animitronic or computer-generated anyway. ;)

------------------
Linda
Remy -DOB 6/2/92; white male w/brindle patches;
Bailey - DOB 10/16/99; flashy brindle female
Shannon - 1992?-12/7/99 Flashy fawn; We miss her!

Ona

Boxer Booster
don't get me wrong I love Disney. One of my favorite movies is "Homeward Bound"

Lady was a Cocker Spaniel and the breed is still trying to get it right after that movie came out in the 50's. Cockers were seen as the best house dog after that movie.

linda, would you get a Jack Russel if you did not have 2 dogs already?

------------------
Ona
Derek-rainbow bridge at 14 and 1/2
Tyler-rainbow bridge at 10 months
Tucker Rocky-warmblood
Neysa-Thoroughbred
Currently dogless

Linda

Boxer Insane
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ona:

linda, would you get a Jack Russel if you did not have 2 dogs already?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO! I don't like little dogs at all, and Jack Russells are far too high-strung.

B

Brutis and Bama's Mommy

I am sad for the all the dogs when a movie like this comes out at the holiday time. I think that even though the Dalmatian is the most popular at the time not all people can afford one and will settle for something else just to get their children a cute puppy for Christmas. Everyone needs to be more aware of all the unwanted dogs that are in shelters, rescues and just living on the streets or woods that need homes.

------------------
Colleen
Brutis, Neuterd male, Fawn w/black mask, dob 12/31/98, his last Mommy felt she did not have enough time to spend w/him.
Bama, netuered male, fawn, dob sometime in 1998, from the Alabama Boxer Rescue and Adoption Inc.
Tonka, soon to be netuered rotty dob Feb, 2000

Ona

Boxer Booster
Linda,
I was just wondering.
I don't like little dogs either I am so afaid that I would step on them.

------------------
Ona
Derek-rainbow bridge at 14 and 1/2
Tyler-rainbow bridge at 10 months
Tucker Rocky-warmblood
Neysa-Thoroughbred
Currently dogless

Kazz's Boxers

Super Boxer
Linda,
I completley agree with you 190%!!!

Couldnt agree more...ps i hate jack russell's and it is not because i own a boxer, they are way to moody, high strung, and snappy.

Melanie

------------------
Melanie
Bandit's Mom
Male, Fawn, Black Mask, White toes & white spot on Chest, Neutered, Floppy ears, Docked Tail, born 11/01/99
http://KazzsWhiseyBandit.homestead.com/homepage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.