1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Large Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Justalyke, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justalyke

Justalyke Boxer Buddy

I was reading the small boxer forum and thought I would toss out there the size of my big boy. He is 112 pounds of healthy full bred boxer. He is not "fat" at all...just a giant version of a boxer. I just wonder if anyone else has come across this because not one person that has seen him has ever seen a boxer that big. He father was also large at about 80-90 pounds, but his mother was only about 50-60...poor thing! An added bonus is that he had his 10th birthday in August and he is still a very happy, healthy boy! I also have a 58 pound boy that I think is tiny...turns out he is a pretty normal size, just not next to my Lykus! Has anybody else seen a big 'ole boxer like him? =)

2. FlashJackson

FlashJackson Super Boxer

HOly smokes that is one big boxer! I've never come across a boxer that big before! Sounds like your "tiny" one is actually in the normal range. I guess it's hard for people to criticize you for his size when he has been living such a long and happy healthy life!

3. Stefan

Stefan Boxer Booster

Never seen one quite that big, but pretty dang close. One day at the lake we had Athena who was about 5 months and this guy had a boxer named buck that was huge, the guy told me he weighed about 105 lbs. He also was fat but very broad and active. I've read on here that some people have boxers that weigh 90+ lbs.

4. tippy&rocky

tippy&rocky Boxer Booster

Your baby is big! I had a white boxer that weighed about 85-90 pds. He was huge, but not compared to your baby. He weighs more than I do, I probably couldn't walk him.

5. harlie'smom

harlie'smom Boxer Insane

WOW! Big Boy. Post some picks so we can see him.

6. Jamielyn

Jamielyn Super Boxer

I have a big guy. My Zeus is 5 1/2 and weighs right now 102. He gets up to 110 during the winter. He doesn't care to much for the cold weather. So we usually take short walk during the winter. I have pictures of him in my gallery if you would like to see. Our female Isis who is one is 50lbs.

7. StormKatz

StormKatz Super Boxer

My Donte comes from a 108lbs father with two older full brothers over 110lbs. My vet says he'll be in the 110-115lb range.

My Johnny on the other hand usually stays between 70-75lbs.

8. BULLDOG8871

BULLDOG8871 Boxer Booster

Rocco is between 75-80lbs and is only 10 months old. Both his parent range between 85-95lbs. This leads me to believe Roc will be one BIG boy.

9. RonaldMM

RonaldMM Boxer Pal

We saw a 120 lb boxer

We were attending a Dog Festival a couple of weeks ago and met a 120 lb white boxer (Large brindle spot on his back). He was HUGE. He was only 10 months old. My Drake was 2 weeks older than the was and weighs 55 lbs. I have NEVER seen a boxer that large. They bought him from a breeder about 30 miles from where we live. I noticed the boxer still had his dew claws with these huge long nails. That made me think BYB and even if the boxer was full blooded or bred and sold as a Boxer.

10. Louie's Mom

Louie's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Hey Now!

Just because he has his dew claws dosen't mean he comes from a bad breeder. thats like saying that if you see a boxer with natural ears that it must have come from a backyard breeder.
    If I were breeding boxers I wouldn't cut off the dew claws ( I would only if there was no bone in them) You do know that they use them like thumbs dont u, they arn't useless extremities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.