1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uti or something else

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Linda/NJ, May 1, 2019.

1. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Lily will be 10 in June. health has been good. she has had some uti’s in the past, last time 3 yrs ago. ruled out no stones. She had a week of diarhhea recently, after meds it cleared up now she has a uti, last day of meds. The drinking and urinating excessively has lessened. She will pee in her normal spot, then, walk down end of yard and pee again. Never seen her do this before, is it still uti or is it old age related behavior. She had a full blood panel done in March, all checked out.

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It could still be the UTI. I would get it checked. Maybe she needs a different antibiotic.
    I hope she is feeling better soon.

3. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Thanks Jan!

4. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I'd say UTI as well. Raine had them a few times a year. She was a marker just like male dogs and never fully emptied her bladder. Always saving it for another tree I guess! She had a polyp in her bladder diagnosed with ultrasound. Also crystals anytime she had a UTI. Polyp went away within 18 months on its own OR I started adding ACV to her food twice daily to help change the PH level in an attempt to rid her of the UTI's.

Linda/NJ likes this.
  5. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Seems fine now. So it took the whole 10+ days to see improvement. So knock on wood, no more as long as I give her these cranberry chews for dogs.

joeys mom, bxrbgood and Cami like this.
  6. Jan

Glad to hear that she is feeling better. Hopefully the cranberry chews will keep her there.

Linda/NJ likes this.
  7. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

well its back i think. after her second bout of diarrhea cleared this week, symptoms of uti have returned. ughhh, cant believe this is happening again. brought sample will find out results tomorrow.

8. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

I think I am being a paranoid dog owner. Our vet left message all good, no infection..

joeys mom likes this.
  9. Jan

Glad to hear that she doesn't have an UTI, Hopefully it will stay that way. Keep giving her the cranberry chews. :)

Linda/NJ likes this.
  10. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane