1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urine Kills Grass (Film at 11 ?)

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Boxer3, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer3

Boxer3 Boxer Pal

Rocky (10 months) is killing our grass in his favorite spots. I understand that urine is often damaging to grass and other plants, however, I wonder if a change in food brand is ever helpful in changing the chemistry of the killer pee.

We are currently using Iams.

Come to think of it, his diet also involves a lot of plastic. Man oh man is the kid a scavenger;)

Thanks!

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Hi, I was just reading in another forum re urine pills, for grass and someone mentioned giving them some tomatoe juice, does the same thing, Check out, Boxer Ring."somethng about pills"
    Dilutes the urine I guess,

3. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

Try watering the grass in the afflicted area. Your dog probably doesn't like water, which will encourage him to relieve himself elsewhere. Also, watering the grass will dilute the urine.

4. P's Poppa

P's Poppa Boxer Booster

One of the moderators (Dan I think) suggested training him to pee at a prefered spot by put him on a leash and leed him to the area you want him to use, when he pees give a treat and plenty of "atta boys"until he get the point. I'm working with Prince on that now...cause in April my yard is gonna look like a green lifesaver with a big 'ol yellow hole in the middle :(

5. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

This is a current thread regarding the same issue, with some good suggestions.

http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20031

Yes, I always suggest training your dog to go in the same spot every time. You can even use sand in a corner of the yard if you want. Doesn't matter as long as it is absorbent (dogs don't like their pee pee splashing up onto them :) )

Good luck.

6. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

Thumbs up to the tomato juice. Not V8 but plain tomato juice does the trick however, you must be diligent enough to give it every day ;)

7. Boxer3

Boxer3 Boxer Pal

Thanks for the advice

Thanks to all. I love tomato juice, so it looks like Rocky and I will share a little in the evening before dinner. Very civilized, don't you think? Our own version of the cocktail hour.

George:D

8. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

i love that idea. i can just see it now. you in your finest smoking jacket with that eyepiece glass thingy over one eye. and rocky in his matching smoking jacket each sipping tomato juice out of a straw (how you taught rocky to do that is beyond me), with a lil umbrella in your drink and a doggie biscuit in rocky's.

lol! it must be three in the morning, i'm beginnng to sound delirious. smashicon

VaSHa frogicon

9. betts11

betts11 Boxer Pal

killing the grass

my 2 11 month old pups r doing the exact same thing all my lawn has been killed with the deadly urine can anyone tell me how to get it to grow back please

10. mabelsmom

mabelsmom Boxer Buddy

I have heard and read that vit. C in the dogs diet helps with the urine killing the grass prob. My female gets a regular dose of fresh veggies and we dont seem to have a problem. If the grass does burn it is usually from the morning urine, after she hasnt gone for the whole night. Tomato juice contains vit. C so that could be the fix for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.