Upgraded to a better food, what a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emclenaghan

Boxer Pal
I switched my Rosie to Evo Red Meat formula, she was on Nutro Lamb and Rice. Yes, I'm aware of the recall, I wasn't at the time I bought the food. Our bag was post recall and not affected thank goodness! I will look for another brand but she's allergic to chicken so it's a challenge and Orijen is a bit outside my budget.

Anyways, since switching her to a better food she is really starting to fill out! We have struggled with this since day one with her. She's only 45lbs. I'm so excited that after 3 years I'm able to start getting her to a healthier weight. She's such a crazy energetic girl she really works off whatever she eats! So glad I found some great sound advice on this forum!

AmISarge

Boxer Booster
Used Nutro Lamb/Rice for my other dogs non boxers...

2004 through 2009 when they were 15 & 19, respectively...they LOVED it (the senior version), it was all they would eat!

When we adopted Rusty (Boxer) he had awful diarrhea from "whatever" he was fed at the shelter. We quickly learned that chicken didn't agree with him. I got him Earthborn grain free, he liked it; moved onto Acana, and he loved all the grain free formulas (we didn't feed him the fish version). His favorite -- Duck and pear!

Grain-free is the key to boxers' sensitive digestive systems...and when you find something they like, it makes them a happy, HAPPY dog!

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
2004 through 2009 when they were 15 & 19, respectively...they LOVED it (the senior version), it was all they would eat!

When we adopted Rusty (Boxer) he had awful diarrhea from "whatever" he was fed at the shelter. We quickly learned that chicken didn't agree with him. I got him Earthborn grain free, he liked it; moved onto Acana, and he loved all the grain free formulas (we didn't feed him the fish version). His favorite -- Duck and pear!

Grain-free is the key to boxers' sensitive digestive systems...and when you find something they like, it makes them a happy, HAPPY dog!

Acana is great food! Just to clarify, the Duck and Pear is grain inclusive. It has steel cut oats in it. The Regionals are the grain free varieties.

Earthborn grain free is a good, lower cost alternative, too.

If you're on a budget, 4 Health now makes a few grain free options (Tractor Supply). PetSmart has a grain free - Authority Grain Free. Even BJs has jumped on the grain free bandwagon (finally!) with two grain free options. Costco also sells a couple of grain free varieties. Hi-Tek Naturals Grain Free is also a good option, with three varieties.

AmISarge

Boxer Booster
Yes, Acana Duck & Pear (with oats)

is not grain free. Rusty really liked the Duck, because chicken doesn't agree with him, and he didn't have a problem with the oats...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.