1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure if I have a purebreed

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by kodoz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kodoz

kodoz Boxer Pal

So I have a new pup her name is Karma. I was told by her previous owner she was a purebreed. She was with a previous family from the age of 7 weeks to 9 weeks they got rid of her because they didn't have the time to train her and lived on the 14th floor on an apt... she came to us at 9 weeks old and is now 11 weeks old. I have always kind of thought she was not a purebreed when I got her some days I think oh maybe she is then others I start doubting again.. heres a few pics what do you all think? And yes she still has her tail...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...785630063_825440062_20889215_1580378674_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...935830063_825440062_20969964_1973283802_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/codexx/PA190141.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/codexx/PA190144.jpg

Kodoz

2. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Hard to tell. She could be mixed with something or just poorly bred. She is super cute though! lovicon

3. SabrinaMN

SabrinaMN Boxer Booster

My guess is that she's not, but she's adorable!

The reason I say no is because her nose is so long and squared off.

4. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

I'm thinking she's a mix too, but that's because of her lack of "egg bump" on the top of her head and the squared head shape. The nose is a bit too squarish and long too, but poorly bred boxer's can have that as well.

But gosh dang she is totally a cutie pie!!!

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I'd say she was a mix. Seems almost Sheppard-ish. Eyes are pretty light, face is longer, hard to tell from the one picture but her hair seems a bit different (texture and coloring). Tail seems to be white underneath?
    Head shape is usually one of the first things to go with a poorly bred Boxer so that in and of itself isn't a tell-all but the rest combined would make me wonder. You could always do a DNA test if you were really wanting an answer. Nowadays can be done for less than $100.
    She is adorable at any rate!

6. kodoz

kodoz Boxer Pal

I don't see sheppard in her at all. Her hair is pretty much the same as the boxer down the road, only diffrence is on her lower back she has a little brindel color leading to her tail. her tail only has white on the tip like if it was dipped in paint. non the less she is a keeper and fitting in well with the rottie. Guess time will tell as she gets older too.

7. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

The first pick made me think shephard mix too.

The best pick would be one where she is stacked like a show dog, so we could see the body and head profile.

Either way she is a cutie!

8. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I think she could be purebred. She still has a black mask and that is usually one of the first things to go, when they are mixed with anything. Her muzzle looks a little long and thin, but that is caused by poor breeding. The only sure way to tell is with DNA testing. She is very cute. :)

9. kodoz

kodoz Boxer Pal

Karma had a visit to the vet today for her shots and he's 99.9% sure she is purebreed just poor breeding. He thought a DNA test would be a waste of money. Not that it matters if she is purebreed or not was just curious. :)

10. CrazyCharlie

CrazyCharlie Completely Boxer Crazy

She is adorable! Even with her long nose :) THE BETTER TO SMELL YOU WITH!!! (I had to)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.