1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Understanding blood test results

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by moburda, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moburda

moburda Boxer Booster

Good morning BW family,

Just wondering if anyone knew where I could reserch blood test results. I found a couple of postings on BW but I need to see the big picture in layman's terms. Patrick had blood taken last week as part of a routine checkup and there were a few things that were out of range. (Glucose = 60 low, Lipase = 848 high, Microalbuminuria = 4.9 high) The vet didn't seem too concerned with the results but initial research on the web indicates there may be a problem with renal failure. I also want to see if there is a connection with these results and his behavior - we have had many, many issues with Patrick since we adopted him. I have an appointment with his behaviorist on Thursday but I am obessing!

Thanks for any, all of your suggestions.

2. sandy's mom

sandy's mom Boxer Insane

the first thing I would do is call your vet, they can explain all the test and what the normal ranges are.

3. harleyboxer

harleyboxer Super Boxer

Both the lipase and microalbuminuria can be slightly elevated due to dehydration. The glucose could be low if it had been awhile since your dog had a meal. My dog's bloodwork has come back weird before because he was slightly dehydrated... If the levels are only slightly raised and everything else looks good it's probably nothing, but if you are concerned you can always have the bloodwork rechecked...

4. JingerK

JingerK Boxer Pal

Our latest blood test showed a graph next to all the different aspects of the test.

Low / Med / High

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.