1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

underbite? true or false?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by AIGL, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AIGL

AIGL Boxer Pal

I've read on the net that a pure breed boxer has crooked bottom teeth and that they overlap the upper teeth. My question is, if the pup has scissor like teeth, he is not a full blood boxer? :O

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

A boxer should have an underbite. The lack of an underbite could indicate that the dog is not purebred, but it's also possible that he is purebred -- but a result of poor breeding practices.

3. AIGL

AIGL Boxer Pal

I see...do you know if the underbite should be visible since young?

4. xJazerx

xJazerx Super Boxer

Dante has had a clear underbite since I got him at 8 weeks old. Not only noticeable looking at him normal, but if you pull his lips back and his mouth is closed... there is a nice gap between his teeth.. so much so that it's quite humerous. lol.

5. AIGL

AIGL Boxer Pal

hmm i see...well i wouldn't be surprised if kiwi was not a pure breed since i did get her from a byb not knowing how bad that was at the time. it really doesn't matter to me much but now i'm curious what she could be mixed with xp...i would upload some pics and i know i read it in the rules but didn't really understand how it was done xD i'll try to figure it out thou...THANX

6. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

Yes, it should.

The Head

7. johann

johann Boxer Insane

It should be visible as a young puppy. My poorly bred boy (BYB, didn't know better) with a longer nose than normal has had a visible underbite since we got him at 8 weeks old.

Even if your pup is mixed, I'm sure she is adorable. :) If you post pics, some people on here are decent at guessing breeds....might be worth a shot.

8. KellyJay

KellyJay Boxer Buddy

My Niko had an underbite at a young age now as he is approaching 2 it has gotten very noticeable and it is quite funny :)

[​IMG]

9. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

This pic made me laugh out loud-what a beautiful guylovicon You can actually swab a dog now and find out his lineage...

10. AIGL

AIGL Boxer Pal

xD

that is funny x3 i think boxers are so cute xp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.