1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson

Discussion in 'Stories' started by tysons_mommy, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tysons_mommy

tysons_mommy Boxer Pal

My brother and sister-in-law actually had Tyson before we did. They had found him on the side of the road. They had named him Jake, but since he didn't respond to his name we renamed him Tyson (he love to bite). Anyway, my brother already has 2 dogs (a Yorkshire Terrier and a Beagle) and decided that they didn't need another dog, especially one so high-spirited. So, my fiancee and I decided that we were ready to have the responsibility of a puppy, and since we are getting married in August, we could have a pre-made family. When we got Tyson he was tiny! We thought for sure that he had been dropped off way before he had been weened from his mother because we knew that boxers tend to be large dogs. We figured that he was a runt and nobody wanted him because of that. We took him to the vet shortly after getting him to make sure everything was o.k. and to get his shots. While we were there we asked the vet his approximate age. She said he was 8 WEEKS! That's when we thought he might be another breed, so we asked the vet. She thought he was a boxer/beagle mix, which would explain why he was so small. Anyway, Tyson is all boxer at heart. We have had him for 2 weeks now, and he has blessed us in so many ways! He brings a smile to our faces everyday (almost every minute!), and to whoever dropped him off on the side of the road: you have no idea what you're missing! He is a wonderful dog and we love him so much!

2. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

What a great ending to the story :) The other peoples loss is your gain and you made out big time. Enjoy every minute of him!

3. lafsalot

lafsalot Boxer Insane

Thank God your brother stopped and picked him up off the road - I'd hate to think of what would have happened to the little fella if left to his own defenses. Kudos to you for providing a forever home for Tyson - it is clear that he has proven to be a most welcome addition. Can't wait to see updated pics as he matures ~ Cathy

4. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

I am glad that your brother and sister-in-law found this baby and brought him into your lives. I am sure Tyson has already repaid you with tons of love with more to come. Congrats on the wedding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.