1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tummy Worries Help

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by BoxHead, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoxHead

BoxHead Boxer Pal

My 8 week old boxer pup female was vet checked a week ago. All went OK.
    Today I noticed an area on her tummy where the front of the thigh would rest if she were sleeping on her side. The area in question is on her right side.

I noticed area that was somewhat hard to the touch. It looked like it could be a part of her small intestine or possilbly her stomach. I'm no expert on dog anatomy, but it just does not feel right. The other side of her tummy is soft and mushy to the touch. When I run my hands over the area you can definitely feel something. We've had her for a week and I never noticed it before today. She has regular bowel movements and doe's not seem constipated.

I'm hoping it's nothing but if it is I will be returning the pup to the breeder as we paid a good buck for a supposedly healthy boxer. We have nothing in writing as far as a health guarantee. We paid a good dollar for her and my feelings are that we should have a dog that at this age does not have any health problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sabrina Jay

Sabrina Jay Boxer Insane

Have the area checked by your vet first and see what they say, then contact the breeder.

You might not have any type of health guarentee as you have nothing in writing. This is why written contracts are good......it spells out the requirements of the breeder (spay/neuters, obedience classes, heartworm prevention, etc) & the health guarentees, and they should have supplied you with hard copies of the results of the genetic (health) testing of the parents. (NOTE: Health tested is NOT the same as VET checked!! - Any dog can be VET checked) For information on genetic testing, please visit: http://www.boxerworld.com/breeders

What *type* of breeder (there are many different types) did you purchase your pup from?

What was the price you paid? You would be surprised at the number of people who think they paid a high price for a pup (for their area), when they didn't.

Good luck with your puppy, and keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.