Tucker is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Our beautiful 15 year old lab mix Tucker went to the bridge today at around 3pm EST. He was very ill but still kept up his spirit until the very end. He was with us for 10 years. He was 4 years old when we rescued him. There could have been no better companion or friend. He was a calm, quiet presence in our lives. I'm so glad that my husband could be with him at the end. My 4 year old son is so upset and our boxer girl Molly keeps looking for Uncle Tucker. Godspeed loyal friend. Find peace at the bridge and know that we let you go because we love you so much and couldn't bear to see you lose your dignity. Until we meet again.

Lizzie, Karl, Brian & Molly

Last edited:

Vela

Boxer Insane
I'm sorry on the loss of Tucker. My thoughts and wishes for your family and your 4-year-old especially. They don't understand as easily.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
Godspeed Tucker!

I am so sorry. Tucker sounds like he was a wonderful dog and I am sure he is grateful to you for helping him to the bridge. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Debbie Magon

Boxer Pal
Goodbye Tucker.
Another shining star to add to the heavens.

Perhaps you could take your little little son outside and show him the evening sky and tell him thats where Tucker is now.
A beautiful , twinkling star.

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Thank you all for your kind words. There have been many tears at our house. There will probably many more shed before we all come to terms with his passage. I know in my heart that we did the right thing but it was one of the hardest things we could EVER do. We bought my son a stuffed black lab and it seems to help him. We put up some pictures of Tucker in his room and we also told him that someday we will see Tucker again. Debbie the story about the shining star is beautiful. I think we'll try that tonight. Thanks to all our Boxerworld friends. It is so nice to know that people understand how empty you can feel when you lose such a beloved companion.

Gratefully yours,
Lizzie, Karl, Brian & Molly

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss...Tucker was a wonderful part of your life, now he will be an angel. It's an awful feeling saying goodbye to someone you love so much. My prayers to you and your family for strength.

Barbara

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
I am sad to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Linda & Ginger

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Thank you all so much for the sympathy. Both my husband and myself really appreciate your kindness. My son and our boxer girl are very sad. We found a great book for my son called Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant. It talks about what heaven might be like for a dog. It helped Brian visualize where Tucker went in terms a 4 year old can understand. Molly our boxer has been very subdued and very protective all of a sudden. I really think she knows that he's gone and now she's top dog. She keeps looking for him. We're so sad but we take comfort in your words and in knowing that it was the right thing to do for our friend.

Thanks again,
Lizzie

Status
Not open for further replies.